Quality Specialist - #16647
Closing Date: 15 Dec, 2023
The Quality Specialist is responsible for quality data gathering, reports preparation, manufacturing record books (MRB) creation and quality database management. The Quality Specialist is also responsible for maintaining quality processes, procedures and records documents up-to date and ensure proper document retention practices are implemented.
- Works with Projects Document Controller to satisfy customer's required documents timely.
- Supports the Quality Manager with the review and revisions of QMS processes and procedures.
- Maintains and ensures the confidentiality of facility records including but not limited to: Material Testing Reports (MTRs), Receiving Inspection Reports, Dimensional Inspection Reports, Hardness Testing Reports, Magnetic Particle Inspection Reports, Liquid Penetrant Inspection Reports, Ultrasonic Testing Reports, Radiographic Testing Reports, Hydrostatic Testing Reports, Gas Testing Reports, Painting/Coating Inspection Reports. Certificates of Conformance (COCs), etc.
- Manage, review, and update the training records of facility employees in accordance to Training and Development procedures and communicate with line managers to ensure Annual Training Plan is followed and implemented and Employee Skill Matrix is updated.
- Support the maintenance of the Approved Suppliers List by reviewing the Approved Suppliers List for updated and complete records in accordance to company Supplier Management procedures and Trading Partner Hub (TPH) system.
- Must be able to communicate in English fluently (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
- May perform other duties/tasks as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Must have excellent computer literacy including but not limited to Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Strong customer service skills in managing difficult client, vendor, customer or employee situations by responding promptly to requests. Additionally should solicit client, vendor, customer or employee feedback to improve service and response.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Individual should prioritize and plan work activities efficiently.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions.
- Strong problem solving skills to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Must be details-oriented and results-driven professional.
- Assists other departments with problem resolution involving documents discrepancies/errors.
- Comply with all NOV Company and HSE policies and procedures
- Escalation of complex issues to Quality Manager whenever applicable
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, Engineering is a plus.
- Relevant Quality Management System Training.
JOB EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Entry Level or Early Career Applicants
- Integrity and trust.
- Strategic Thinking
- Solid judgement with ability to make good decisions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to manage diverse relationships and interact effectively with all levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability using team-driven philosophies to drive issues to closure and get job done in professional and compliant manner.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities and projects at the same time.
- Ability to negotiate and sustain networking relationships.
- Effectively communicate orally with co-workers, vendors and/or the customer in face-to-face, one-to-one settings, and using a telephone.
- Comprehend and make inferences from written material such as laws, ordinances, rules, and regulations governing public procurement.
- Produce written documents with clearly organized thoughts with proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar.
- Work cooperatively with other Quality personnel.
- Make accurate arithmetical computations (multiplication, division, percentage calculations, addition, and subtraction).
- Accurately enter data and/or information into a computer system.
- Strong project management and leadership skills.
- Understanding of market dynamics and sound business judgement.
- Familiarity with ISO QMS.
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data.
- Ability to compile, analyze, and present data in a concise manner.
- Ability to access and understand individual supplier’s capabilities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, especially proficient in the use of Excel.
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget
Completion & Production Solutions
Through NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment, composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.