Purchasing Assistant Manager - #16324
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
- To purchase all food and non food items for the operational needs.
- Knows the market and seeks constant information about changes (prices, products available, etc.).
- Knows all importing procedures, purchasing dispositions and receiving procedures.
- Has to purchase the best quality of goods available (according to the management) at the best price possible. If necessary he involves the relevant Department Head or the GM into negotiations with suppliers.
- Compares quality and prices permanently between the suppliers.
- Maintains regular contact with his colleagues of other Mövenpick properties in the area for information exchange.
- Keeping of the filing cabinet with all information such as supplier, price, quantity, etc. constantly up-dated.
- Places only orders where a duly signed purchase request from the General Manager exists.
- Is responsible to get at least 3 quotations on each purchase request.
- Takes advice from the Executive Chef or other Department Heads in regard of quality and quantity.
- Samples of goods he has to pass to the involved departments.
- Works close together with the store keeper and ensures store space of delivered goods and dispositions of goods (FIFO systems to adhere)
- Goes personally to the markets to be aware of shortages, recent price changes and seasonal situations. (Market survey)
- Analyse market survey & recommend for updated to future log as per regional office procedures.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role in a hotel.
- Fluency in English both written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to Details & Deadline- oriented and requires.
- Experience using procurement software and databases.