Project Manager - Energy - #17283
About the Role
We are looking to appoint a self-motivated, energetic, highly skilled, commercially astute Project Manager with an Energy Sector and Electrical background including related engineering knowledge and experience that thrives on complex challenges and relationships to lead and administer the delivery of a diverse programme of on-going and future Energy projects – thermal generation ; renewables ; transmission and distribution ; fuels ; nuclear within the Middle East region and specifically the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) with a base in Riyadh our KSA Head Office.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in the delivery of Energy projects with electrical bias achieving social and commercial outcomes and be adapt at building strong and lasting client and stakeholder relationships. Our Project Managers are the driving force behind constant business growth and help us to maintain our position as a World leading organisation.
Key responsibilities and duties are listed, but not limited to, the below:
- Lead, mentor and develop teams, build, and nurture relationships to create effective working environments
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Implement and maintain compliance with industry best practice and Mott MacDonald’s Health and Safety standards.
- Measure performance using robust project management practices, tools, techniques and principles to ensure successful completion of short and long-term tasks.
- Co-ordinate multi-discipline team internal and external members to ensure all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines and schedules.
- Facilitate effective communication and reporting protocols across multiple teams with diverse backgrounds, cultures and geographies.
- Meet financial objectives and control and govern effective change management to ensure that all parties are informed of impacts to budgets and schedules.
- Support and develop an exemplary culture of compliance with Mott MacDonald’s ethical practices and procedures at all operating levels.
- Identify problems and take steps, including engaging, consulting and seeking advice with counterparties to resolve project concerns.
- Degree in electrical ; I&C engineering from an accredited university; Professional Engineering Registration or a Chartered Engineer from a recognised international professional institution. A Masters Degree related to the Energy Sector would be considered beneficial.
- Experience of and ability to undertake technical advisory in the Energy Sector including for example site selection, layout development, basic system engineering, preparation of feasibility report / detailed project report/ concept report and project developer’s bid assistance services for development.
- Detailed working knowledge of Contracts (preferable).
- Excellent written ; verbal ; client-facing communication and presenting skills (in the English language) is a requirement.
- Strong understanding of the multidisciplinary nature of projects is essential. Able to manage, lead and successfully deliver multi-disciplinary projects.
- A team leader capable of managing and motivating individuals to consistently deliver.
- A proven track record of mentoring and developing junior engineers.
- Flexibility to travel within KSA and overseas would be considered as advantageous to support our international project portfolio.
- A drive to be abreast of professional development and knowledge of current and emerging technical solutions.
At Mott MacDonald, our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do; relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Equality, diversity and inclusion (EDI) is at the heart of our organisation. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate, rather take positive steps towards creating a diverse and inclusive working environment.
At Mott MacDonald, we support our staff to create work-life balance which works for them and welcome candidates looking for career flexibility. We are open to discussing flexible working at interview stage.
We can offer:
- 90 calendar days’ paid maternity leave
- Competitive annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
Other InformationEquality, diversity and inclusion
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our business, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We encourage individual expression in our workplace and are committed to creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels they have the opportunity to contribute
At Mott MacDonald, we believe it makes business sense for you and your manager to choose how you can work most effectively to meet your client, team and personal commitments. We embrace agility, flexibility and trust
More about Mott MacDonald
We’re a global engineering, management and development consultancy
Our purpose is to improve society by considering social outcomes in everything we do, relentlessly focusing on excellence and digital innovation, transforming our clients’ businesses, our communities and employee opportunities
A fundamental part of this is respecting each person’s differences and striving to meet their needs
Our values: progress, respect, integrity, drive, excellence
Recruiter ContactSalem Alnahdi
Region/StateAll - Saudi Arabia
Website RegionMiddle East