Project Manager - #16793
CLOSING DATE 16 December 2023.
NOTE: Please ONLY apply if you have sufficient experience and skills required as per job description below.
This function involves the overall management and administration of all project activities of the company, including (i) technical and commercial management, (ii) planning and execution, (iii) customer engagement, and (IV) supervising unique and varied projects.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILTY & AUTHORITY:
- Responsible for ensuring real time updates on orders and projects to sales, customer service, operations, and customers.
- Arrange and lead Purchase Order Kick Off Meetings (Internal and External).
- Document control as needed (Submittals and follow up revisions and tracking).
- Create and maintain necessary export documentation for outgoing international shipments.
- Work closely with Operations Production Planner closely to ensure that customer feedback & responses are aligned with Plant Operations.
- Field service planning and work with the ME field service representative for the projects under control
- Coordinate weekly meetings with plant key players to expedite plant shipments.
- Assist Logistics Manager for international freight quotations for both export and import.
- Assist in Planning of manufacturing schedules.
- Assist in reviewing contracts and arranging shipments.
- Work with plant schedulers
- Aid in resolving transportation issues related to delivery of goods to ultimate consignee.
- Track and coordinate large project orders.
- Enter orders for key accounts depending on market.
- Work with plant Inventory coordinator to understand current inventory levels and backlog levels.
- Create reports for backlog/customer accounts, etc. for specific market.
- Review letter of credits and coordinate with NOV Finance
- Track and coordinate material and tool return and credits.
- Discuss inconsistencies regarding any documents with appropriate department.
- Reviewing shipment documentation, vital communications, and paper copies per Export Compliance Procedures
- Understand tariff codes/appropriate classification for import and export of first-time equipment and inventory items.
- Coordinate FTA/USMCA vetting efforts.
- Analyze export trends and procedures.
- Comply with all NOV Company- and HSE policies and procedures
BEHAVIORAL SKILLS/COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Flexible, accepting and responding to multi-task assignments quickly and readily.
- Anticipate to think ahead, anticipate problems, make decisions, and take appropriate actions.
- Extensive technical and commercial understanding of the oil and gas business.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English. (Essential)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification. (Desirable)
- Demonstrated collaboration ability across functional boundaries, geographies, and cultures.
- Customer focused
- Strong technical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Solution-oriented; mindset of continuous improvement
- An exceptional ability to understand, evaluate, and apply technical information
- Ability to understand the strategic direction of the business.
- Must be available to work day and or night shifts as required and assigned.
- Able to understand the business needs and drivers Anticipates the impact of change and rises to the challenge, with the ability to accept risk and uncertainty
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes in-order to settle them equitably
- Can identify the skills required by the business and hire effectively
- Will be energized by challenges and drawn towards opportunities
- Is cognizant of organizational culture and politics, and appropriately adjusts personal style to be effective
Personal and Interpersonal
- Imbued with a strong sense of customer focus (internal/external)
- Promotes a win-win ethos and inclusive team culture in line with business strategy
- Firm and diplomatic when negotiating
- Is known to consistently adhere to ethical principles and expects others to follow suit
Creates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and clearly communicates it to the organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Management, or equivalent combination of education and technical-/ project management experience. (Essential)
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience in project management, preferably in oil and gas sector.
- Minimum three years of experience from delivery of offshore projects. (Essential)
- Experience with composites products and equipment a plus.
- Training in Quality Assurance and Quality Control systems and technologies.
- Fluent in English, Arabic a plus.
- Extensive travelling may be required
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget
Completion & Production Solutions
Through NOV Completion & Production Solutions, we serve well intervention service providers and oil and gas producers, and we pursue opportunities around hydraulic fracture stimulation, wellbore intervention equipment, composite tubulars, pumps, floating production systems, and subsea production technologies. Our integrated approach delivers greater certainty, reliability, and peace of mind.