Project Engineer - #17239
Rawaj - Human Capital Management
Get to know our client
Our client is a forward-looking maritime facility with a vision to become the ‘Shipyard of the Future’.
The facility is set to be one of the largest maritime facilities in the world, with the capacity to build various types of vessels, including very large crude carriers, offshore drilling rigs, and commercial ships. It will help shape the Saudi maritime industry as one of the largest, most advanced and sustainable maritime facilities in the MENA region, with global ambitions and reach.
Join to be part of an incredible growth opportunity and success story.
What will you do:
- Review and analyze Civil & Mechanical engineering deliverables (Drawings & Specifications) for compliance with specified quality standards & company policy
- Preparation and monitoring of project schedules & budgets
- Develop reports and presentations as required
- Supervise the steel fabrication (cutting, welding, post-heat treatment and handling) for Jigs & Fixtures over the project phases as per project requirements
- Review testing/commissioning/FAT/endurance procedures and assist with the development
- Communicate with key stakeholders offering civil & mechanical technical input to resolve identified inter-discipline conflicts during the project design or execution phase
- Utilize knowledge of asset management standards ISO 55000/1/2 and implement
- Work with HSE to engineer out identified potential risks or hazards, to provide a safe working environment for all employees
- Monitor and manage equipment installation ensuring best-in-class returns
- Manage required documentation & certification during project execution
- You will need to have a proven track record of managing change and achieving commercial results
- Keeping up good working relationships and effective communication with internal as well as external stakeholders
What do they expect from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, or equivalent
- 3-9 years experience as a Project Engineer in shipbuilding, oil & gas, or equivalent industry
- Thorough understanding of Asset Management systems, ERP systems, and relevant ISO certification
- Computer-proficient in design software, Word, Excel, Project, etc.
- Fluent in English (Arabic or any other language desirable)
- The ability to manage large multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams
- Well-developed presentation skills, excellent interpersonal skills, good habits, stress-resistant