Project Control Specialist I - #25081
Building on our past. Ready for the future
Worley is a global professional services company of energy, chemicals and resources experts headquartered in Australia.?
Right now, we’re bridging two worlds as we accelerate to more sustainable energy sources, while helping our customers provide the energy, chemicals and resources that society needs now.
We partner with our customers to deliver projects and create value over the life of their portfolio of assets. We solve complex problems by finding integrated data-centric solutions from the first stages of consulting and engineering to installation and commissioning, to the last stages of decommissioning and remediation. Join us and help drive innovation and sustainability in our projects.
- Develop, interpret, and execute policy objectives and standards applicable to cost and schedule controls coupled with analysis activities
- Direct all cost engineering functions, including cost forecasting, cost control, change management and cost analysis
- Lead all planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, analysis, and ongoing recommendations for improvement
- Interface with other project team members, including Engineering, Construction, Procurement, Office planning, IT, Accounting, Treasury, Tax, Contracts and Legal, to facilitate compliance with execution strategy and objectives
- Provide status reports and related project reporting analyses to company and client management
- Identify problems and coordinate with the project team to correct and ensure work is being coordinated between the other departments and offices to meet project requirements
- Prepare various project controls plans and reports, financial summaries, and related activities for project management on assigned projects
- Serve as a liaison with business unit functional management to coordinate workload and staffing plans, work processes, and procedures
- Evaluate projects at each stage of development to ensure cost and financial activities of the project team inclusive of ensuring client/contractual obligations have been met
- Plan and assist with anticipated staffing requirements for assigned projects
- Review contract drafts and related terms & conditions to ensure they meet project controls requirements and coordinate development of data in support of contract compliance
- Recommends modifications to organization and on occasion corporate policies and procedures
- Specific experience and demonstrated skill in directing cost engineering functions, including cost estimating, cost control, change management and cost analysis required
- Experience with directing, planning, and scheduling functions, including schedule development, control, and analysis required
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to successfully direct and motivate a team inclusive of interacting with client personnel require
- Advanced knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, and construction projects in the Mining/Minerals/Phosphate/Fertilizer/Petrochemicals/ Oil & Gas industry required
- Significant experience in project controls, commercial operations, and/or prime contract experience with emphasis on project controls and financial issues required
- Broad knowledge of Project Control Systems and processes including leading schedule processing software, databases and spreadsheet applications (i.e. Primavera, Excel) required.
- Comfortable working with all levels and functions in a constructive fashion to achieve responsibilities and goals required
Moving forward together
We want our people to be energized and empowered to drive sustainable impact. So, our focus is on a values-inspired culture that unlocks brilliance through belonging, connection and innovation.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. Creating a space where everyone feels they belong, can be themselves, and are heard.
And we're not just talking about it; we're doing it. We're reskilling our people, leveraging transferable skills, and supporting the transition of our workforce to become experts in today's low carbon energy infrastructure and technology.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. Join us to broaden your horizons, explore diverse opportunities, and be part of delivering sustainable change.