Production Engineer - #25068
Date: 2 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate the execution of all work request related to in house fabrication / Welding activities for fabrication of Rigs and related equipment/accessories.
- Create production schedules for Mast & Substructure, Mud Systems, etc. using MS Projects software.
- Coordinate between fabrication yard and engineering to resolve drawing related issues, ECRs, technical queries etc.
- Coordinate with blast and paint shop to ensure smooth flow of fabricated parts from fabrication to paint shop.
- Report fabrication progress to management.
- Work closely with inter-discipline team members to ensure the product complies to the project requirements
- Liaise with welding engineering to analyse, plan and implement solutions to create/provide efficient fabrication processes.
- Determine and develop the necessary process specifications for fabrication, pre-heating, NDE, set-up, and dimensional control, which are required as per contract and to facilitate these procedures through to production handover.
- Develop material handling and manipulation requirements to facilitate fabrication and delivery to production.
- Liaise with site Facilities on the design and implementation of factory layout projects considering Lean manufacturing tools and techniques.
- Well versed with sequences of fabrication process for mast and substructure, mud tanks, pressure vessel, skid & structural members
- Implement approved section policies, processes, systems, standards, and procedures to support execution of sections work programs in line with company and international standards.
- Ensure availability of proper equipment, materials, and consumables for all the activities follow approved methods of statements.
- Assist to develop and implement appropriate fabrication techniques to ensure accuracy, productivity and level of product standards are met.
- Ensure dimensional checks on fabricated items/assembly to ensure compliance to drawing tolerances and detail requirements.
- Ensures fabricators are issued the approved latest version of drawings all the time.
- Provide input for preparation of the department budget and assist in implementation of approved budget and work plans to deliver section objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget
Our family of companies is supported by our global Corporate teams, providing expert knowledge from functions including Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Finance, QHSE, Marketing and Legal centers of expertise. We are structured to provide guidance and service above all to all our business operations.