Procurement officer - #16570
Work Experience1-3 years
Procurement officer to oversee purchasing activities and ensure that purchased items are both cost-efficient and of high quality. The procurement officer's responsibilities include supervising staff, maintaining positive supplier relations, evaluating supply options, approving purchases, and maintaining accurate records.
To be successful as a procurement officer, you should have an analytical mind and keep up with product and service trends. Ultimately, a top procurement officer should be able to negotiate well and ensure that all purchases comply with company standards.
- High school diploma/GED.
- Degree in accounting, business management or a similar field preferred.
- 2+ years of experience as a procurement officer or in a similar position.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail.