Pre-Commissioning Lead (Open) - #24989
Job Description and QualificationsResponsible for overseeing Pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities for assigned Areas to ensure GC PC&C Contractor and Subcontractor executes Process and Mechanical activities and delivers systems and subsystems as per agreed planning until completion. Ensures PC&C engineering (preparation), such as systemization, pre-commissioning and commissioning planning, database set-up in coordination with other stakeholder disciplines and company and contractor/subcontractor departments, i.e. planning. Provides clear guidance to the GC Contractor and facilitates resolution of pre-commissioning issues to meet project objectives and milestones
The Senior Pre-Commissioning Engineer require to following skills and qualifications:
Provides Process and Mechanical pre-commissioning expertise, to lead safe execution of the Process and Mechanical Pre-Comm and Commissioning scope of work in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule. Demonstrate leadership in planning and execution driving GC contractor to deliver as per project milestones.
Review, approve Process and Mechanical Pre-commissioning checksheets, Construction Work Packages, and provide supervision of pre-commissioning scope of work by GC contractor, supports contractor by helping to address gaps and coordination with NGHC and other disciplines within CPY team.
Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction, NGHC Teams and accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned in compliance with project objectives, Process and Mechanical specification and industry best practices.
Guides GC Contractor's Process and Mechanical pre-commissioning activities and validating contracts, including vendors, subcontractor resources, personnel qualifications, usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes. Provide assurance of CTR/SCTR adhere to Project SHES procedures.
Assesses and validates GC Contractor’s procedures for SIMOPS, Work under Permit, Lock Out Tag Out, Partial Handover requirements and perform progress measurement / reporting to drive assigned pre-commissioning/commissioning activities. Lead punch close out activities and handovers.
Manages the Process and Mechanical discipline deliverables updates/redlines and support field engineering where needed in support of pre-commissioning activities. Where needed, develop short term mitigation plans to achieve intermediate milestones and bridging scope for final completions.
Responsible for following up and assuring schedule and related milestones are achieved, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs), identify material & skills gaps, develop recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing, and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
Review, update and amend ITRs and specifications to ensure that all pre-commissioning references are up to date and relevant.
Advantage and Experience in the following:
- Excellent Mechanical Construction and Commissioning management and leading skills
- Have a thorough knowledge and proven ability in MC for construction change to Pre-Commissioning followed by Commissioning phase.
- Plant Operations/Process Experience
- Team Player
- ORI Experience with a leading role to support closing of Type A,B and C Punches
- Strong communicator written and oral
- Strong and effective coordinator
- Organized, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel
- Can facilitate FCN’s, MOC’s, RCA’s
- Experience of working in a multicultural project team
- KSA experience
- The successful execution of all Pre-Commissioning checks under the Sub-Contractor Scope of Work
- Responsibility for the safe execution of the work being supervised.
- Maintain an open and effective communication channel with the site construction and commissioning team
- Represent the Site meetings with the sub-contractors, and other stakeholders.
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Safety, Security and Quality plans
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Execution Plan
- Provide strong leadership and coordination to ensure the site team is working effectively to achieve the project KPI’s. Identify and address risks and issues, escalating to the Construction Manager and Senior Project Manager as required
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the Construction Manager and Site Project Manager as required.
- Carry out weekly EHS inspection audits.
- Monitor permit and safe plan of action compliance.
- Continuously observe and monitor the interface of all Pre-Commissioning activities for all disciplines, assist managing contractor in resolving any interface coordination issues
- Ensure safety requirements of the project are being met by all parties by supporting and encouraging safe work practices.
- Review of Method Statements, drawings, schedules and other job safety documents.
- Monitors manpower, tools and equipments usage on the site
- Monitors the activities of subcontractors to ensure compliance with specifications and schedules.
- Coordinates activities with other disciplines or areas
- Assist in developing strategies and initiatives to improve managing contractor and contractor performance
- Assess existing contractor interface performance during construction works and helping to develop and improve activity simultaneous operations (SIMOPS) coordination
- Assist in review and appraisal of method statements and risk assessments for technical content and safety considerations.
- Assist managing contractor with monitoring of the execution of the works, to ensure project quality requirements and standards are met including monitoring of contractor Inspection and Test Plans (ITP’s)
- Input into coordination of interface between Vendor Representatives and Contractor
- Be prepared to work shift patterns (day or night)
- Assist in system walkdowns with contractor and client
- Attend daily and weekly coordination meetings
- Assist managing contractor to monitor progress & productivity being reported by contractors
- Assist AP Construction Manager in developing detailed reporting of assessment of works and contractor performance.
Employment StatusFull Time
OrganizationGlobal Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / DivisionGEMTE MEET
RegionMiddle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)