PHARMACIST III - #16410
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Date: 3 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
Prepares/fills, compounds of sterile and non-sterile medications including anti-neoplastic agents, in accordance with accepted standards and established pharmacy policies and procedures.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviews, evaluates, processes medication orders for demographicdata (e.g., gender, age, and weight), appropriateness of therapy, dose,frequency, route, dosage form, interactions, allergies, related laboratoryvalues, and possible drug interactions as applicable.
- Restocks, operates, andtrouble shoots pharmacy robotic equipment as applicable according to differentpharmacy areas.
- Performs professionalwork in the preparation, filling, compounding, and double checking of sterileand non sterile medications as applicable to the area of practice
- Maintains control andsecurity of all medications including controlled, narcotic substances andsupplies. Maintains dispensing and record keeping as per laws and regulations.
- Pre-packages tablets,capsules, and oral liquid medications utilizing available repackaging machines/robotic equipment. Maintains complete required records and appropriate labellingprocedures.
- Checks, and monitorsmedication related activities/performance of new pharmacist III or pharmacyassistant, residents, trainees/students with guidance and support from a seniorpharmacist as needed.
- Orders/Maintains properand sufficient inventory of drugs and supplies with regular monitoring ofmedication expiration dates. Preparesexpired medications for disposal and completes electronic disposal requests ina timely manner.
- Maintains a clean workingenvironment including hoods and countertops.
- Distributes medicationsto nursing units when required.
- Performs nursing unit/clinicinspection, and outdated pharmacy stocks/supplies on a monthly basis as perassignment. Maintains and signs approved forms and records accordingly.
- Participates/assists inconducting performance/quality improvement projects.
- Follows all Hospital’srelated Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in self andothers' education, training and development, as applicable.
Pharm.D. / Bachelor’s Degree inPharmacy is required
Experience RequiredNo experience is required