Mechanical Designer (HVAC/Plumbing/Fire) - #24814
Building on our past. Ready for the future
Worley is a global professional services company of energy, chemicals and resources experts headquartered in Australia.?
Right now, we’re bridging two worlds as we accelerate to more sustainable energy sources, while helping our customers provide the energy, chemicals and resources that society needs now.
We partner with our customers to deliver projects and create value over the life of their portfolio of assets. We solve complex problems by finding integrated data-centric solutions from the first stages of consulting and engineering to installation and commissioning, to the last stages of decommissioning and remediation. Join us and help drive innovation and sustainability in our projects.
- Mechanical Designer with experience in buildings, infrastructure/MEP projects, refinery, petrochemical and oil/gas industry.
- Knowledgeable with Codes and industry standards (ex. ASHRAE, SMACNA, NFPA, Factory Mutual Datasheets, International mechanical codes, local authority codes and standards etc.) is essential.
- Ability to read HVAC cooling load design calculations generated by using HAP and Elite software.
- Ability to develop HVAC duct layouts including duct sizing, routing and selection of duct materials as per international standards like ASHRAE and SMACNA.
- Ability to develop HVAC piping layouts including routing, pipe support spacing selection and selection of pipe material s and insulation as per international standards.
- Ability to develop HVAC chilled water layouts including flow rate, pipe sizing, routing, pipe support spacing selection and selection of pipe materials and insulation
- Ability to select the air outlet sizes as per HVAC design calculations.
- Ability to read HVAC vendor catalogues to select and prepare HVAC detailed drawings
- Ability to Prepare Detail engineering plans, enlarged detail drawings, sections, material take off and conceptual engineering plans like single line diagrams, schematics and so on.
- Works directly with design engineers to produce drawings from sketches, existing drawings and new drawings.
- Ability to interact with internal Engineering/Design disciplines during the course of projects
- Ability to interact/coordinate other Architectural, Civil Structural, electrical design and drafting activities including 3D Design.
- Working Knowledge experience of MicroStation and REVIT software is MUST and AUTOCAD is preferable.
- Ability to develop Mechanical drawings Using REVIT software.
- Ability to setup REVIT families and library based on existing project templates.
- Ability to develop plumbing and fire protection systems detail engineering plans and conceptual engineering plans.
- Able to report the project status by updating weekly reports, monthly reports and develop the mitigation plans to meet the project milestones, if required.
- An effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and flexible to work under pressure
- Diploma in mechanical engineering discipline is required, Degree is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Applications is required
- Ability to work independently and complete tasks as scheduled is required
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a team environment is required
Moving forward together
We want our people to be energized and empowered to drive sustainable impact. So, our focus is on a values-inspired culture that unlocks brilliance through belonging, connection and innovation.
We’re building a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace. Creating a space where everyone feels they belong, can be themselves, and are heard.
And we're not just talking about it; we're doing it. We're reskilling our people, leveraging transferable skills, and supporting the transition of our workforce to become experts in today's low carbon energy infrastructure and technology.
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. Join us to broaden your horizons, explore diverse opportunities, and be part of delivering sustainable change.