Manufacturing Process Technician (MPT) - CNC Machining - #16678
Manufacturing Process Technician (MPT) - CNC Machining
Our Manufacturing team is responsible for the full cycle manufacturing process of oil field equipment.
Become an expert on our product range
As a Manufacturing Process Technician you will be responsible for the creation of products using Computer Numerical Control machining techniques. You'll be working in an innovative, high-technology facility based in an incredible location. You will have the opportunity to develop your knowledge, ability and shape energy products of the future.
As a Manufacturing Process Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Achieving business targets in Orders and Sales.
- Providing simplified setup techniques to reduce the setup time and increase efficiency.
- Participating in HSE Audit, Brining HSE best practice, Area inspection, Participant in incident investigation.
- Selecting the tools & inserts required from product catalogue & use of alternate tooling in critical situations.
- Proving out first piece run on the machine with the guidance and instructions of Manufacturing Engineer.
- Understanding CNC programs and able to modify and optimize cutting parameters with evaluation by Manufacturing Engineer.
- Performing quality assurance activities as required by manufacturing/engineering specifications and API requirements.
- Setting, using and training on all measuring instruments.
- Sorting out small maintenance issues.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Have 6 Years of experience, within Oil and Gas field, CNC Machining.
- Be familiar with one of the cam program software (Espirit/master/Nx cam). Executing program on the machine and proving out the part.
- Be able to prove out the part with appropriate cutting parameters (Turning/Milling/ Boring).
- Have problem solving capability on production and rework parts in machining operation.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace challenge with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!About Us: We are an energy technology company that provides solutions to energy and industrial customers worldwide. Built on a century of experience and conducting business in over 120 countries, our innovative technologies and services are taking energy forward – making it safer, cleaner and more efficient for people and the planet
Join Us: Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.