Manager - #17041
Job Req Number: 74237
Time Type: Full Time
As Manager, Waste & Reverse Logistics, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing and optimizing the waste management and reverse logistics operations within the organization.
This role is crucial for minimizing environmental impact, reducing operational costs, and ensuring compliance with Shareholder waste disposal regulations.
You will also remain responsible for planning, executing, and managing waste disposal, recycling, and reverse logistics processes.
- Develop and implement waste reduction and recycling strategies to minimize the organization's environmental footprint.
- Monitor and manage waste disposal methods to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with waste disposal vendors and negotiate contracts to optimize services and reduce costs.
- Educate and train employees on proper waste disposal and recycling practices.
- Establish and manage efficient systems for the return and recycling of products or materials.
- Work closely with suppliers and customers to coordinate reverse logistics operations.
- Analyze return trends and suggest improvements to reduce product returns.
- Ensure the proper disposition of returned goods, including refurbishing, recycling, or proper disposal.
- Keep up-to-date with environmental laws and regulations related to waste management and reverse logistics.
- Ensure the organization's operations align with environmental compliance standards.
- Manage the required permits and documentation for waste disposal and reverse logistics activities.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and process improvement in waste and reverse logistics operations.
- Analyze and report on key performance indicators related to waste and reverse logistics, such as recycling rates and cost savings.
- Maintain detailed records of waste disposal, recycling, and reverse logistics activities.
- Prepare regular reports on waste management and reverse logistics performance for management and regulatory purposes.
- Lead and mentor a team of waste management and reverse logistics professionals.
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science, supply chain management, or a related field. A master's degree is a plus.
- 12 years of experience in waste management, recycling, and reverse logistics, with a proven track record of success.
- Strong knowledge of environmental regulations and waste management practices.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in data analysis and reporting tools.
- Ability to work collaboratively with various stakeholders, including vendors, suppliers, and internal teams.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.
Visit dsv.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.