Logistics & Trade Comp Specialist - #25284
People power our future. That is why advancing a dynamic, inclusive environment, where everyone grows and thrives is critically important to us.
Our ingenuity fuels daily life. Together, we’ve forged some of the most trusted partnerships across the energy value chain to make what was once just an idea a reality: laying subsea infrastructure thousands of feet below sea level, installing offshore platforms hundreds of miles from shore, and using our expertise to design and build offshore wind infrastructure.
For more than 100 years, we've been making the impossible possible. Today, we're driving the energy transition with more than 30,000 of the brightest minds across 54 countries.
Here, what you do matters.
The Logistics & Trade Comp Specialist applies their conceptual knowledge of logistics & trade compliance and, with a moderate level of guidance and direction from colleagues and leadership, is responsible for solving a range of straightforward logistics & trade compliance problems. They will be responsible for analyzing possible solutions using standard procedures and building knowledge of the company, processes, and customers. The Logistics & Trade Comp Specialist understands key business drivers and applies this knowledge to solve problems in straightforward situations by analyzing possible solutions using technical experience, judgment, and precedents.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Assist in coordinating the transportation of goods, including arranging shipments, managing logistics providers, and tracking shipments to ensure timely delivery
- Support with the development and maintenance of transportation documents
- Maintain accurate records of import/export activities
- Review, audit, and verify all Logistics Service Providers’ invoices to ensure compliance
- Monitor and record all invoice records
- Reject all invoices with missing records and incorrect charges and ensure the logistic service provider is continuously updated on invoice rejection and status
- Ensure proper follow-up is done to resolve any disputed invoices on time
- Ensure managers’ approvals are obtained on time
- Maintain and update daily, weekly, and monthly accounts management report
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Supply Chain Management (or a relevant discipline) or HSD/GED/IGCSE with 3 years of relevant experience
- 3-6 years of relevant experience
- A logistics-related background is preferred