Logistics Engineer - #16999
Job Req Number: 74242
Time Type: Full Time
As a Marine Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in serving as a technical expert in marine infrastructure and systems. You will be responsible for providing guidance, support, and expertise to the organization while considering the unique challenges of marine environments. Your work will encompass marine system design, project management, stakeholder coordination, and regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on marine infrastructure, offering guidance and support to professionals within the organization.
- Advise on best practices in marine infrastructure design and the broader marine ecosystem.
- Consider the specific challenges of marine environments when designing and testing marine systems.
- Contribute to the design and development of marine structures and systems for assigned projects.
- Assist in the review and management of marine infrastructure engineering projects, ensuring compliance with design specifications and project objectives.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet the required safety and quality standards.
- Possess awareness, understanding, and experience of coastal numerical modeling processes to inform design and decision-making.
- Apply this knowledge to marine structures and systems design.
- Assist in the preparation and review of Requests for Proposals (RFPs), scopes of work requirements, design documents, and specifications for marine engineering projects.
- Participate in the management and administration of consultants and contracts related to marine projects.
- Manage the delivery process for packages within larger multi-disciplinary projects, ensuring adherence to timelines and budget constraints.
- Monitor progress, host regular meetings, and report on deliverables.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including potential partners, government agencies, suppliers, regulatory bodies, and industry associations.
- Build and maintain relationships to facilitate collaboration on marine engineering initiatives.
- Coordinate with regulatory bodies to obtain all marine-specific certifications and ensure compliance with safety requirements.
- Address mobility and infrastructure considerations in the marine industry.
- Bachelor's degree in marine engineering, naval architecture, or a related field. A master's degree or professional engineering license is a plus.
- Several years of experience in marine engineering, including coastal numerical modeling and marine infrastructure design.
- Proficiency in marine engineering software and tools.
- Strong project management skills, including procurement and contract administration.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with diverse stakeholders.
- In-depth knowledge of marine safety regulations and compliance standards.
DSV – Global Transport and Logistics
DSV is a dynamic workplace that fosters inclusivity and diversity. We conduct our business with integrity, respecting different cultures and the dignity and rights of individuals. When you join DSV, you are working for one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. You’ll join a talented team of more than 75,000 employees in over 80 countries, working passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services. DSV aspires to lead the way towards a more sustainable future for our industry and are committed to trading on nature’s terms.
We promote collaboration and transparency and strive to attract, motivate and retain talented people in a culture of respect. If you are driven, talented and wish to be part of a progressive and versatile organisation, we’ll support you and your need to achieve your potential and forward your career.
Visit dsv.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.