Learning Support and ELL Teacher - #25095
مدارس المجموعة العالمية (ISG)
Position DescriptionSCHOOL / LOCATION British School Dhahran DIVISION / DEPARTMENT High / Senior POSITION TYPE Teacher WORKS DAYS / HOURS 191 days @ 8 hours per day POSITION STATUS Full time SALARY CODE Teacher ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS Saudi National Dependent POSITION START DATE As soon as possible APPLICATION DEADLINE Until filled REPORTS TO Rachel Cannon, Assistant Principal REQUISITION NUMBER 02-2324-136
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative Learning Support & ELL Teacher with knowledge of being a SENCO, who will be a key member of our diverse, compassionate and innovative teaching team and will be responsible to assist students in upper primary and lower senior school who are having difficulty in one curricular area or need short term support to master content or a particular skill. The Learning Support & ELL Teacher will also be responsible for administering testing during the admission process and collating relevant data. In addition, counselling skills would also be an advantage for this role. The Learning Support Program is a combination of pullout and inclusion help.
A learning support teacher (LST) is a professional who works with students who require additional support in their academic and personal development. The job description of a learning support & ELL teacher may include the following duties:
Learning Support Teacher:
- Demonstrate a commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection).
- Providing one-to-one and small group support to students who require additional help in their learning.
- Collaborating with classroom teachers to develop and implement individual education plans (IEPs) for students with learning difficulties, disabilities or special needs.
- Assessing students' needs and abilities to develop an appropriate support plan that addresses their unique learning requirements.
- Using a range of teaching approaches and resources to engage students and facilitate their learning.
- Providing support in the classroom to ensure that all students can access the curriculum and participate in class activities.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with students, parents, and colleagues to ensure effective communication and support.
- Monitoring and evaluating student progress to identify areas of strength and weakness and adjust support strategies accordingly.
- Providing professional development to classroom teachers and other staff members to help them support students with diverse learning needs.
- Provide basic counselling for students.
- Develop and deliver effective English language instruction to students with diverse language backgrounds.
- Collaborate with school administrators and colleagues to develop and modify curriculum materials that align with language acquisition goals and state standards.
- Design and administer language proficiency assessments to evaluate students' language skills and track their progress over time.
- Use assessment data to inform instructional planning and make adjustments to support individual student needs
- Collaborate with general education teachers, special education staff, and other professionals to address the unique needs of English language learners in various educational settings.
- Communicate effectively with parents/guardians to provide updates on students' progress and offer strategies for supporting language development at home. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and Assistant Principal.
Qualifications and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Education, TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages), or a related field. (Master's degree preferred).
- Current teacher certification in the required subject area with a focus on ESL or ELL education. Certification should be from a recognised and nationally recognised institution.
- Classroom teachers should be able to demonstrate relevant experience and certification in teaching similar school programs as the applied for position (preferred).
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Prior experience as a Learning Support Teacher/ ELL Teacher worked with diverse student populations and implementing effective instructional strategies for language acquisition.
- Implementing the National Curriculum for England.
- Prior experience with G Suite/Microsoft Office.
- Prior experience as a SENCO.
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of continued professional development
- Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills in interacting with students, parents and colleagues
- Ability to supervise students in non-classroom settings
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to lead an after-school activity