KSA Projects & Specifications Manager (Riyadh) - #24879
Date: Feb 8, 2024
Location: Dammam, SA
We supply the sustainable and innovative paints and coatings that our customers, communities – and the environment – are increasingly relying on. Our world class portfolio of brands – including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon – is trusted by customers around the globe. We’re active in more than 150 countries and have set our sights on becoming the global industry leader. It’s what you’d expect from a pioneering paints company that’s committed to science-based targets and is taking genuine action to address globally relevant challenges and protect future generations.
For more information please visit www.akzonobel.com.
2023 Akzo Nobel N.V. All rights reserved.
- As a member of the Regional PC team contributes to the BU strategy execution plan and takes a lead in defining, and owning, the project-based strategy for the region
- Positively influence a team who systematically up-dates the customers’ databases with valid, accurate and complete customer-related information that influence complex purchasing decisions that will lead to sales of segment focused products via Gaudi CRM
- Complete detailed market mapping exercises to ensure that the PC management team has complete transparency on the projects market enabling them to make the best possible decisions in terms of resource and structure to maximize sales potential of high value products and services
- Provides consultation to key accounts and regional sales teams in specific areas of expertise (segments/products) to secure a specification or product position
- Acts as an expert with deep knowledge of customers and industry and articulates best practices to help colleagues and customers to succeed
- Analyse present and future market trends, maintain and manage proprietary project information and effectively communicate important information to stake holders in spec, KAM and sales communities
- Take accountability in growing profitable revenue in the infrastructure space (specific focus on KSA giga-projects) by gaining customer commitment through the provision & acceptance of a specification or technical submittal, manage the contract chain until PO is issued to AkzoNobel
- Skills – Leadership, stakeholder management, project management, decision making, creating value propositions, drive, results orientation, communication and presentation, commercial and business acumen, basic understanding of cross functional processes
- Maintains advanced technical knowledge of product range, providing effective technical sales support to regional sales teams to where possible, obtain a sole/preferred specification position for the BU
- Delivers accurate market reviews and actively participates in the development of specifications that position AN products and services in defined segments
- Manage the entire project data base across our chosen geographies creating a platform of transparency and visibility for specification, sales and supply chain colleagues using CRM
- Identifies significant business opportunities, pinpoints existing and/or potential problem areas and work with regional sales and technical teams to resolve/exploit
- Identifies and manages specialist products projects within the region with the support of the technical team
- Regularly calls on the assigned existing and potential specifiers to maintain close contact with the marketplace Performs continuous market research among the stakeholders in the entire value chain and maintains professional relationships with the industry stakeholders
- Works closely with marketing to analyze present and future market trends and customer feedback for market segmentation and planning to aim for further market penetration through specifications
- Bachelor’s Degree / Graduation in management or equivalent
- Industry knowledge and experience (infrastructure/construction) – 5 years
- Project management experience
- Effective ability to understand customer processes and markets, identify potential opportunities, create value propositions, and mobilise internal support where necessary
- Proven ability to influence key decision makers
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a matrix organization
- Saudi National is preferred as per the Saudi Government's mandate on Saudization
At AkzoNobel we are highly committed to ensuring an inclusive and respectful workplace where all employees can be their best self. We strive to embrace diversity in a context of tolerance. Our talent acquisition process plays an integral part in this journey, as setting the foundations for a diverse environment. For this reason we train and educate on the implications of our Unconscious Bias in order for our TA and hiring managers to be mindful of them and take corrective actions when applicable. In our organization, all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.
Requisition ID: 37092