IT Co-op - #17199
GE Gas Power
Job Description SummaryJob Description Summary
GE Gas Power
Welcome to tomorrow's energy—today!
Access to affordable, reliable, flexible, and sustainable power is fundamental to modern life. As the world is shifting towards a lower carbon future, GE Gas Power is ready to be your partner in leveraging the role of natural gas for powering the world today and tomorrow. GE’s foundations were laid by Thomas Edison nearly 130 years ago to provide innovative solutions for a wide range of critical problems around the world. GE’s deep-rooted culture serves as the backbone for every step we’ve taken at GE Gas Power. With more than 300,000 employees and operations in over 170 countries, GE employees reflect both the local communities we serve and the people with whom we do business.
Diversity at GE
We believe diversity makes us more competitive and creates value for our customers, shareholders, and employees. We believe in the value of each person’s unique identity, background, and experiences and are committed to fostering an inclusive culture, where everyone feels empowered to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong. By embracing diverse teams and perspectives, we are better equipped to build a world that works
Our approach to diversity will be based on the following objectives:
- Our employees – to continue to strive to ensure that our workforce is as diverse as the communities we serve, while always upholding the importance of merit.
- Our workplace – to foster an inclusive culture that recognizes employees’ unique needs, helps them reach their full potential, and nurtures their diverse talents.
- Our community – to strive for diversity in suppliers and partners and engage with the communities in which we operate to support diversity.
Summary: The GE Internship Program is an investment in young talents where GE trains students who meet the required criteria to perform their internship program in Repair shop activities. Program duration is up to 28 weeks. (up to 7 months) The program will develop the general skills of the intern with on the job knowledge and experience
During the program GE will provide assignments, projects & tasks that is related to his/her major where he/ she can develop Leadership Capabilities, communication skills and introduce him/her to the work environment.
- Owns wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers. Partners with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements, works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as needed. Manages expectations and timelines to keep customers informed, working across teams in a regularly way.
- Work cross-functionally to manage factory priorities, issues and translating the demand, through Lean / Kanban principles, to features and functions that need to be delivered across the IT matrix and IT platforms to improve factory performance. Including, but not limited to IT/OT infrastructure, shop floor support, operations technology, MES, ERP, quality tools, and materials/warehouse mgmt.
- Ensures business critical information is cascaded to the team in a timely manner.
- Participate in Lean Action workouts to ensure that physical changes to material flow is represented in the supporting systems and that new capabilities are developed in concert with the Lean transformation.
- Act as a first line internal customer to ensure that global and local priorities are considered when ‘catching’ products/programs/projects delivered or led by external IT teams
- As a partner to Application owners, vendors, and AppOps leaders, ensure that the tools that ‘run’ the manufacturing plant are effectively supported, including but not limited to:
- Daily trouble-shooting of critical issues
- Collaborate with the regional deployment leader to drive the provisioning and operationalization of hardware, IT/OT changes, new 3rd party software.
- Students in Engineering – Industrial, Production, Mechanical, or Electrical , "STEM major ( Science , Technology , Engineering and Math) or related engineering background.
- Program duration is up to 28 weeks (up to 6 months).
- Effective listener with good communication skills in English.
- Strong Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Proactive with high level of integrity.
- Strives to achieve Project goals and Customer satisfaction.
- A team player with the ability to communicate effectively with crosses functional teams.
- Demonstrated EHS and Quality focus.
- Demonstrated supervision potential.
- Record of achievement with a passion to achieve positive business results.
- Curiosity and desire to learn and expand skill set.
- Adaptable and open to change.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No