In Service Data Analysis (ISDA) Specialist - #16032
In Service Data Analysis (ISDA) Specialist
Location: Taif, Saudi Arabia
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) aircraft and train RSAF and Royal Saudi Naval Force personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
The purpose of this job is to perform the role of Senior In-Service Data Analysis (ISDA) Specialist for the Typhoon weapon system based in the Typhoon Support Centre (TSC) at Taif on behalf of the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF).
To provide trending analysis of Typhoon metrics, identification of aircraft fault patterns and system failures by way of clear reports, with a view to recommending in-service maintenance / operational improvements to assist with continuing airworthiness and extend the in-service life of the Typhoon weapon system in KSA.
Interface directly with the RSAF, helping their understanding of Typhoon in-service data metrics. You will deputise as Team Leader for ISDA when the ISDA Team Leader is absent. Also improve and expand existing key skills of Saudi Nationals to develop expertise in the Typhoon ISDA role.
- Analysis of in-service data to determine Typhoon Fleet reliability and maintainability trends.
- Root Cause Analysis of Aircraft System reliability and maintainability issues to produce improvement recommendations, where appropriate.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of the maintenance program in order to support optimisation recommendations.
- Provision of detailed reports in support of Configuration Management.
- Act as a point of contact within the ISDA function to interface with the RSAF at all levels and assist with their understanding of in-service data metrics.
- Maintain links with the Industry Arising Rate Management Team as Appropriate.
- Use Oracle SQL Developer and MS Office software to extract and manipulate data from multiple sources to build reports based on this data and/or carry out analysis of this data.
- Ensure the production of in-service performance reports including flying hours, maintenance hours, arisings, faults and removals as required by the stakeholders.
- Provision of useable information from ESS generated maintenance and structural health data as required
- Hold regular planning and prioritisation meetings with the ISDA Team Leader.
- Provide structured on-the-job mentoring for RSAF and/or BAES Saudi National ISDA Staff.
- Support the implementation of a Data Governance framework for managing data through-life in accordance with BAE Systems and Customer data management policies.
- Identification of ESS Data Quality issues helping drive data quality improvements.
- Undertaking any additional, reasonable, tasks as may from time to time be requested by TSC and RSAF management.
- Qualified to HND/HNC, or equivalent, in an Aeronautical I Computing Systems engineering discipline, or extensive relevant experience.
- Extensive experience in an aircraft support/maintenance environment, or similar role essential.
- Broad experience in the interrogation of Oracle ROMS or equivalent database technology is essential.
- Able to work autonomously to produce clear investigative reports using SQL queries from engineering specific questions essential.
- Existing knowledge and experience of the Typhoon in-service data management requirements and the Engineering Support Sub-system (ESS) data as well as the Trilogy approved data set is highly desirable.
- Advanced user knowledge of MS Excel, knowledge of MS Visual Basic applications is highly desirable.
- Broad knowledge of ESS applicability with regards to the Typhoon weapon system is desirable.
- An understanding of BAES and/or the customer’s continuing airworthiness management policies would be desirable.
- Ideally from within BAE Systems, or currently serving within the RAF, to ensure familiarity with Typhoon and its data management requirements.
- Candidates from a non-Typhoon aircraft background must have other relevant experience gained from other air platforms.
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed.
On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. We employ a skilled workforce of 89,600 people in more than 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture, and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people, and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.