HSE Engineer II-Dhahran-Saudi National Only - #16602
Design solutions to drive safe living and quality of life
The Future Is What We Make It.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our Global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
By changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Make the Best You.
Working at Honeywell is not just about developing cool things. All our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Join us and Make an Impact.
We have an opportunity for HSE Engineer II in Dhahran, KSA to implement effective Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) management system, maintain regulatory compliance and improve overall HSE culture. Actively collaborate and participate as a valued member of the country//site management team to provide HSE leadership. Provide guidance and technical support to the HSE officers, engineers, advisors or champions responsible for tactical HSE programs and process at office locations and project sites in their country, whilst working closely with the Regional HSE leader as reporting line and country HSE leader as peer support from HPS. Provide leadership and technical support to ensure compliance with applicable corporate and regulatory requirements, while minimizing the risk of potential adverse HSE events.
HSE Engineer II Responsibilities
- Ensure Compliance to Honeywell corporate requirements, SBU/SBG programs and local legislation (tracks changes, reviews/modifies local procedures to comply). Addresses roles and responsibilities, advises all HSE action owners as needed.
- Represents HPS business within own jurisdiction in current SBU/SBG hierarchy. Cooperates with regional HSE structures as well as internal customers for respective businesses.
- Establish relationships and processes with HPS business managers, Site leadership team and Regional HSE leaders to influence all employees to meet HSE goals and objectives and Standard Work activities as per roles and responsibilities within the organization under jurisdiction
- Work with the respective HSE team to identify actions required to certify / maintain HSE Certification to ISO 45001, ISO 14001 etc.
- Ensures desired performance is achieved in area of jurisdiction, playbook (HPS) activities are followed by Honeywell employees. Addresses and/or escalates deviations if necessary
- Facilitate a change to Honeywell culture toward a safe working environment by enhancing the knowledge, skills and attitudes of Honeywell employees and Sub-contractors
- Advise management on HSE matters as they affect all aspects in the location / country.\
- Audit Honeywell managed facilities to ensure we are compliant to statutory and corporate requirements and working to approved risk management plans. (Including Fire testing regulations, waste
- Lead deployment of Risk Assessment Tool and control plans development within the area of jurisdiction
- Leads and participates in project teams. Collaborates with team and individually completes major project tasks. Utilizes and supports use of project management tools and techniques (i.e. Six Sigma).
- Develops and deploys HSE procedures, training, internal and external communications in liaison with Corporate, division policy/procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as liaison with third-party vendors and regulatory agencies.
- Support and mentor project based 3rd party site HSE representatives according to Honeywell HSE requirements
- Participate in Leadership review meetings with sales and project team and review the scope according to both legal and Honeywell HSE requirements.
- Carry out SOM reviews according annual schedule.
- Conduct regular and ongoing HSE inspection on projects and service contracts
- Work closely with internal and external customers to improve HSE in the workplace.
- Partner with business leaders and employees to continuously improve the HSE culture, HSE awareness and accountability
- Assist in making HSE a competitive differentiator for Honeywell in the marketplace.
- Minimum Bachelors or higher degree in Safety but preferably in Engineering (electrical, chemical, mechanical etc.)
- Nebosh International Health and Safety IGS certification
- Minimum of 3-5 years of working experience in the health, safety and environmental field.
- Additional Experience working with service, facilities maintenance, or construction industries desired.
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience conducting and leading internal audits and implementing HSE management systems.
- Up to 50 to 60% Travel (to customer sites)
- HSE Technical writing skills are desired
- The opportunity to work on the world’s most exciting projects, transforming the cities we live in, the buildings where we work, and the vehicles that move us.
- Group medical insurance plan life
- Paid annual leave and time off work.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation.
- Market specific training and on-going personal development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- JOB ID: HRD214557
- Category: Health, Safety & Environment
- Location: DTV - Plots 13 & 16,Dhahran Techno Valley Science Park,Dhahran,EASTERN PROVINCE,34464,Saudi Arabia