Head of Technical Aviation Support Team - #24865
Head of Technical Aviation Support Team
BAE Systems is the UK Government’s nominated Prime Contractor under the Government-to-Government arrangements that are in place to provide equipment, support and training to Saudi Arabia. We provide maintenance of Royal Saudi Air Force aircraft and train RSAF personnel safely in a training environment in how to use their aircraft, equipment and weapons.
BAE Systems Saudi Arabia is committed to supporting the Saudi Arabian National Agenda including Saudisation and the training and development of Saudi National capability through the growth of the Saudi National Partner Companies thereby reinforcing Industrialisation and Partnerships.
As the Head of Technical Aviation Support Team (TAST), the job holder is responsible to the Head of Technical Services, Tornado Support Service (TSS), BAE Systems Saudi Arabia for providing functional leadership, direction and guidance to a team of embedded BAE Systems engineers within the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) Directorate of Aeronautical Engineering (DoAE). The team provides assistance and guidance to the RSAF Engineering Authority (EA) Section. The Head of TAST provides guidance and assistance to the RSAF Director of Aeronautical Engineering in developing strategies and processes to exploit an indigenous EA capability.
The jobholder will be in constant daily contact with the RSAF at a senior level within the DoAE and other RSAF Directorates, providing direct support to the Director of Aeronautical Engineering and overall Directorate support for engineering issues. The jobholder should be flexible, adaptable and be able to support all bases in Kingdom, RSAF HQ and any location within or out of the Kingdom as requested by the RSAF Director of Aeronautical Engineering or their nominated section manager.
- Managing the embedded BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Engineers to ensure the required support is being provided to the Directorate of Aeronautical Engineering.
- Mentoring and developing the embedded BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Engineers within the Directorate of Aeronautical Engineering.
- Conducting Performance Development Reviews (PDR) for the embedded BAES Saudi Arabia Engineers.
- Reporting of team performance to BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Engineering Function.
- Managing the Travel & Subsistence budget for the embedded team and maximise cost reductions through innovative initiatives.
- Maintaining an awareness of the BAE Systems Saudi Arabia Engineering best practice and sharing this with the RSAF Directorate of Aeronautical Engineering.
- Providing assistance to the RSAF Director of Aeronautical Engineering to generate strategies and processes for developing the RSAF EA directorate.
- Supporting the RSAF Director of Aeronautical Engineering with the generation of meeting material and briefings, and support them directly at senior reviews where required.
- Coordinating and supporting all relevant RSAF Directorates in the development of their engineering management systems in line with Industry Best Practice
- Educated to Degree level in Aeronautical / Aerospace / Electrical / Mechanical / Electromechanical Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree or higher and Chartered Engineer status desirable
- Proven experience within an aircraft engineering organisation such as a military Engineering / Support Authority such as DES&S. Idealy the post holder will have held an engineering delegation in that area.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in aircraft and systems trial and integration activities
- Proven Experience in dealing with equipment and aircraft engineering and design authorities
- Proficient in implementing engineering change through recognised engineering change managements processes
- Proven experience in the following areas:
o Aviation quality systems, airworthiness, airframe engineering, aircraft control systems, aircraft avionic systems, design engineering, manufacturing, project/programme management, systems engineering, test engineering and aircraft systems integration and engineering drawings.
- General knowledge of Aircraft Drawings, systems, components and materials management.
- Extensive knowledge of aircraft and system certification requirements and regulations.
- General knowledge of aircraft engines.
- Detailed knowledge of aircraft engineering, maintenance, support and materials management.
- A detailed knowledge of engineering authority processes for aircraft, engines or components.
- Knowledge of safety requirements for approving engineering changes.
- Strong technical and interpersonal communication and team working skills
- Ability to promote a culture of continuous development and improvement.
- Ability to facilitate, mediate and influence in diverse military and civilian cultures.
- Maintaining working relationships with other RSAF Directorates, BAE Systems Saudi Arabia deployed engineering resource at RSAF Bases, Platform project teams, MODSAP and functional/networking links to BAE Systems Business Units
Reviewing and recommending authorisations of engineering modifications trials and integration
EXPATRIATE EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary, rent free accommodation and access to free recreation facilities, all available within Company secured accommodation. In addition, a generous leave and travel allowance makes this an opportunity not to be missed. On successfully securing a role your appointment to Saudi Arabia will initially be on single status. On commencement of employment in Saudi Arabia you will have the opportunity to apply to have your family join you in the future. A full health care scheme is provided within Saudi Arabia.
SAUDI NATIONAL EMPLOYEE BENEFITS
In return for the required high levels of commitment and hard work you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, including a generous leave and travel allowance, a full health care scheme and access to subsidised recreational facilities
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions and employ a skilled workforce of some 82,500 people in over 40 countries. Working with customers and local partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability, protect national security and people and keep critical information and infrastructure secure.
All appointments in Saudi Arabia are subject to receipt of all necessary Government and/or Customer approvals.