Guideway and 3rd Rail Technician - #16404
HITACHI RAIL STS S.P.A.
Date: 3 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
- Carry out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities in accordance with approved Maintenance Plans and following implemented safety rules and processes.
- Ensure all maintenance activity completed is logged appropriately on the Maintenance Management System.
- Carry out routine inspections, unscheduled maintenance, inspecting parts for surface defects, changing of consumable items, perform minor repairs and technical cleaning of all the third rail & track systems.
- Follow the appropriate and approved maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements and safe system of work.
- Be aware of surroundings and report any maintenance issues that have not already been identified.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Operations departments effectively
- Assist the Supervisor and other technical support staff to implement asset configuration change.
- Ensure that appropriate, certified tools and equipment are used in all works, including inspections.
- Ensure the maintenance tools are calibrated and in date where required and in good condition prior to use
- Perform shift and emergency duties as and when required
- Produce and maintain accurate maintenance records of third rail & track, tools, and work accomplished and other information using a computerized maintenance management system ( CMMS)
- Drive automotive equipment to work sites as and when required.
- Perform and carry out duties as instructed/ directed by the Team Leader and or Supervisor
Safety Critical Responsibilities
- Perform roles necessary for the management of the safe system of work, including meeting tight maintenance schedules.
- Implement and follow Permit to Work process.
- Operating points (locally).
- Communicating with Signalers and Line Controllers.
- Communicating with electrical control operators.
- Communicating with persons responsible for a Track Possession, Worksite or movements of rail vehicles within a Possession.
- Safety critical communications by others.
- Protecting a rail vehicle stopped by an accident, failure, obstruction or other exceptional incident.
- Controlling the movement of a rail vehicle.
- Working as a Pilotman during single line working or emergencies.
- Checking that goods are properly and safely loaded.
- Installing track, components or structures supporting the permanent way.
- Maintaining track, components or structures supporting the permanent way.
- Installing and commissioning new infrastructure.
- Inspecting track.
- Checking the settings and calibrations on an OTM prior to use on the running line.
- Operating an OTM that alters the track profile.
- Operating a vehicle on the permanent way to carry out maintenance on the permanent way or supporting structures, including the use of rail, road/rail, road wheeled or tracked vehicles.
- Protecting people working on or near the track
- Protecting people in possessions.