Government Relation Officer - #17031
Requisition ID: 272901
- Relocation Authorized: National - Single
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Riyadh
“Bechtel has recently been awarded The New Murabba Project Infrastructure,” which will be built around the concept of sustainability, featuring green areas and walking and cycling paths that will enhance the quality of life by promoting healthy, active lifestyles and community activities. It will also feature an iconic museum, a technology and design university, a multipurpose immersive theater, and more than 80 entertainment and culture venues.
The project will be situated at the intersection of King Salman and King Khalid roads to the Northwest of Riyadh.
The New Murabba project will offer a unique living, working, and entertainment experience within a 15-minute walking radius and will have its own internal transport system. It will be approximately 20-minutes' drive from the airport.
We encourage you to watch this video, which gives a glimpse at what we (you) are about to build!
- As required by the project, assist with iqama medicals and help in resolution of local police issues, e.g. traffic accidents, obtaining accident reports and coordinating with immigration offices and airport authority
- Assist with Bechtel new employees for photos, clinic appointments, bank account opening, and other official work as needed to complete government formalities such as Iqama, driver license, etc.
- If necessary to help project staff, the candidate must be able to provide help and coverage over the weekend and outside Ramadan time (e.g., for non-Muslims during Ramadan).
- Receives visitors and provides general information in response to questions or requests.
- maintains the GR filing system, including filing, retrieving, circulating, and archiving. Performs/verifies data entry to maintain logs and track documentation.
- Help monitoring all follow-up actions required by supervisor/manager.
- Assists in meet & greet at the airport for new hires as required.
- Escorts personnel, as required.
- Executes iqama transfer process, by coordinating with Head Office and candidates to accept the E contract and track the cost approval to initiate the transfer through Muqeem.
- Prepare all letter related to GR requirements if needed.
- Supports employees with in-Kingdom Professional Registration requirements (i.e. SCE and SOCOPA)
- Tracks visas and any task related to visas such as Health insurance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills:
- Diploma/High School graduates or a related field with 3+ years of progressive experience in government relations.
- Prefer knowledge of local labor law regulations.
- Good command of Arabic both spoken and written (English knowledge is a plus)
- Experience preparing and presenting confidential employee data< Advanced Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to travel in Kingdom as required.
- Experience working on projects with large multinational teams.
- Strong work-delivery focus
- Proven ability to exercise a high degree of individual initiative, discretion, and judgment
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with changing priorities, deadlines, and stakeholders.
- Detail oriented, organized, flexible, and able to work with multiple levels is essential.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through five global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; Mining & Metals; and Manufacturing & Technology. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Bechtel employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or show proof of a negative test result prior to accessing Bechtel sites/facilities to the extent required by applicable law or by customer requirements.