Government Affairs and Public Policy Director for Saudi Arabia and UAE - #24898
- Work internally closely with the Business Units and other global functions to develop and implement advocacy strategies to address policy issues impacting HP;
- Become a strategic partner. Provide political advice and counsel to senior business leaders to shape the business strategy and internal strategy;
- Represent HP’s values and positions in trade associations. Participate proactively;
- Translate technical messaging into compelling policy recommendations;
- Supporting company executives in their engagement, profile and relationship building with government to position them as thought leaders. Prepare policy briefings and material to HP Senior Executives;
- Develop and implement political engagement strategies to help identify, win, and grow HP Inc. public sector business.
- A postgraduate degree level qualification in law, public policy, international affairs or similar;
- Sophisticated knowledge of the KSA/UAE governments, and the regional geopolitics;
- Ability to think, plan, and execute resourcefully and creatively;
- Outstanding organizational abilities, in particular, the capacity to manage several different workstreams at one time and the proactivity to drive work programs forward and co-ordinate the involvement of all the relevant stakeholders;
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills and a proven track record of producing high quality content and materials;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Ability to adapt to change. Negotiation and leadership skills;
- Fluency in English and Arabic language is a must
- Minimum seven years professional experience demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the legislative decision making and public procurement processes;
- Experience leading the development and implementation of government relations strategies for an organization and/or company;
- Experience of providing government relations advice and support to businesses and/or organizations competing for public sector business;
- Track record in successful relationship building and political influencing, and a willingness to dedicate time and effort to broadening and deepening those networks;
- Experience working in a business environment, providing advice and counsel to senior management, and presenting to senior level boards and committees;
- Ability to influence without reporting line: the role is an individual contributor role hence the ability to successfully collaborate internally being a cross functional team player is instrumental for mission success.
You're out to reimagine and reinvent what's possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo,
and creating what's next. We're in search of talented people who are
inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to
making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is
respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of
something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can
belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day.
When you do that, you're more innovative and that helps grow our bottom
line. Come to HP and thrive!