GENOMICS LABORATORY SPECIALIST II - #17003
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Operates various instruments and masters different relevant techniques; performs routine laboratory and equipmentmaintenance; manages laboratory inventory; assists senior technical staff or research Investigators by performing experimental research following established protocols; analyses results; enters data; and provides training for students and junior technical staff.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Performs various technical tasks to support research projects/services.
2. Sets-up and operates various instrumentations.
3. Analyses data; records research procedures and results; using computer software as applicable.
4. Verifies the accuracy and validity of data entered in databases.
5. Searches and reads the literature to either implement new techniques or troubleshoot research-related problems.
6. Orders and maintains sufficient laboratory supplies, materials and overall tidiness and laboratory cleanliness.
7. Follows all Organization's related Policies and Procedures.
8. Participates in self and others' education, training and development, as applicable.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned
Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree/ Diploma of Science from an accredited institution in a scientific discipline relevant to the research field is required.
Four (4) years of related experience with Bachelor's Degree or six (6) years with Associate Degree/ Diploma required.
? Evidence of excellent level of technical, communication and computer skills and accomplishments that need to be described and scored by immediate supervisor in the Scientific Scoring Form.
? Evidence of mentoring ability and supervisory skills to students, trainees and junior technical staff.
? Proof of working knowledge in safety measures such as biological, radiological, and/or chemical in form of certificates. If not available, then a letter from the immediate supervisor stating the candidate working knowledge in the relevant field.? Evidence of publications as a co-author is preferable.