Functional Lead - Aviation (ME) - #25245
Date: 2 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
The Functional Lead - Aviation (ME) will be responsible for managing and developing SJ’s consulting operations in the Aviation industry and act as the technical lead in ongoing and future Aviation projects within GCC in line with the organisation’s strategic directions, business plan and financial targets This role requires extensive understanding of Aviation projects for the detailed design and Engineering, as well as solid Middle East (ME) Aviation experience Key Responsibilities
- Lead and manage all airport design and engineering projects in the Middle East in coordination with the SJ ME management team.
- Act as the focal point for the technical topics related to Airport Design in GCC.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and stakeholders in the aviation sector.
- Identify new business opportunities and grow the aviation business in the region.
- Develop and implement strategies to increase the company's market share and reputation in the ME aviation sector.
- Provide technical expertise and support to project teams, ensuring projects are delivered to the highest standards.
- A bachelor's or master's degree in engineering, architecture, or a related field.
- 15 yrs significant experience in the aviation sector, including airport design and engineering projects.
- Proven experience leading project teams and managing projects in the aviation sector.
- Experience in business development, identifying new opportunities and growing the aviation business in the Middle East region.
- In-depth knowledge of airport design and engineering, as well as relevant regulations, standards, and guidelines in the aviation sector like ICAO, FAA, UFC, CAAs, IATA, etc.
- Strong relationship-building and client management skills, with the ability to maintain positive relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with the ability to mentor and manage team members.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Deep working knowledge of the engineering consulting industry in GCC. Across trends and other market developments.