Field Service Technician (Engine Technician) - #16801
Field Service Technician (Engine Technician)
Al Taif - KSA
Saudi Nationals only ( Male & Female)
Rolls-Royce Saudi Arabia Limited (RRSAL) is providing a support service to the Royal Saudi Air Force for its fleet of Typhoon Aircraft Eurojet EJ200 engines. You will be part of a team delivering a propulsion system availability service and will be involved in all aspects of engine repair and servicing at both O and I maintenance levels. The role will be based in the Typhoon Propulsion Support Facility (TPSF) located on King Fahad Air Base (KFAB), Taif and will require travel and rotational deployments to support operations at other bases in country.
The TPSF function provides the engine availability service which is supported by both on wing and off wing engine inspection and repair capabilities which the technician's role will be central to. The various aspects of the role include, (i) Propulsion Repair, (ii) Engine Health Monitoring (iii) Logistics, (iv) Engine AGE maintenance and calibration and (v) Support to O level.
We're the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
Work with us and we’ll welcome you into an inclusive culture, one that invests in your continuous learning and development, and gives you access to a wide breadth and depth of experience.
We’ll provide an environment where you can be yourself. An inclusive, digital-first culture that invests in you, gives you a platform for continuous learning, and access to an incredible breadth and depth of opportunities to grow your career.
We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
Your needs are as unique as you are. We encourage flexible working arrangements and support hybrid working wherever possible, so you can always be at your best - wherever and whenever you work.
Receipt and despatch for all engines moving between the Main Operating Base (MOB) and industry, or MOB and Forward Operating Base/s (FOB).
Repair of engines by module replacement including but not limited to LP Compressor, Front Bearing Housing, Gearbox, Front and Rear Jet Pipes, Turbine Exit Casing and the LP Turbine Rotor.
Full routine or investigative engine boroscope inspection at both O and I levels.
Fault diagnosis of engines and LRIs in order to reduce the number of engine and line replacement item (LRI) rejections to Industry.
Provide essential management of Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) data and Early Failure Detection Centre (EFDC) facilities.
Calibration and maintenance management service for O and I level ground support equipment (GSE) and Aircraft Ground Equipment (AGE).
In order to provide the required customer service which will be expected to run 24 hours per day, 7 days a week, there is requirement to work flexibly and participate in call out or night shift duties as part of a rotating shift pattern or when required.
- Saudi Nationals Only.
- Hold a recognised international degree/apprenticeship in an engineering based discipline.
- Where engineering qualifications are not available, the equivalent will be a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the fields of aircraft maintenance, working for an internationally recognised aircraft propulsion maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) organisation and/or military maintenance facility.
- Candidates with acceptable engineering qualifications will have in addition a minimum of 12 -18 months relevant aircraft technician experience working for an internationally recognised aircraft propulsion maintenance repair and overhaul (MRO) organisation and/or military maintenance facility.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Hold IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Level 5 - 6 certificate or equivalent. Where certificates cannot be presented, formal education records as evidence of English language proficiency are required.
- IT literate, capable of competently operating Microsoft Windows and Office based software (or equivalent).
- Must be a punctual, flexible and responsive with the ability to work in a team and have a good level of Physical Ability.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Inclusion strategy at Our people | Rolls-Royce
Application Closing Date: 26.11.23