Field Service Engineer - #17256
To provide mechanical and commercial support to the existing JC client base, target clients and the external sales team through consistently high level of mechanical expertise, highly responsive feedback and outstanding level of client service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and implement cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Assist with technical reviews of specific applications to allow the optional selection of John Crane products and services.
- Conduct regular site visits and offer trouble shooting when needed.
- Discuss and solve complex problems with manufacturing departments, subcontractors, suppliers and customers.
- Maintain and increase JC market share with key end users and develop territory market.
- Assist end users during shut down. Service/support ongoing refurbishment contracts with end users.
- Establish good relationship with end users.
- Assist customer during project commissioning.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
- University degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3+ years of professional experience in rotating equipment or mechanical seals.
- Experience working in refinery rotating equipment/maintenance/installation and troubleshooting.
- Engineering knowledge in a proactive multinational and multicultural environment.
- A strong technical knowledge of mechanical seals, pumps, compressors preferred.
- Proficiency in English and Arabic language is a must.
- A driving license is a must.
- Ability to carry out failure analysis and root cause analysis.
- Fair knowledge and use of measuring instrument
- Persistent and efficient, self-starter with good sense of initiative
- Good administration and organizational skills
- Team player; service oriented
- Accountable, Responsible
- Personal drive and Integrity
Work environment is typically considered an office environment during normal or extended business hours.
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 14,600 colleagues, based in 50+ countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customer s’ operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with a 170+ year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field.
About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD (£830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.