EURI - Manager - #25033
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC has around 8,000 people in 12 countries across the region: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, the Palestinian territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.
Our regional team operates across the Middle East bringing international experience delivered within the context of the region and its culture. We can bring the collective knowledge and experience of more than 328,000 people across the entire global PwC network in advisory, assurance and tax to help you find the value you are looking for.Business Unit Description
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 6,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Our growing Consumer Industrial Products & Services (CIPS) practice provides management consulting services in the areas of strategy and operations, aiming to help a diverse set of clients anticipate and address their most complex business challenges.
CIPS is comprised of five priority industry sectors: Retail & Consumer Products, Industrial Products – Industrial Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals, Construction and Real Estate, and Transportation and Logistics.
Within CIPS Consulting services, will provide you with the opportunity to help clients seize essential advantages by working alongside business leaders to solve their toughest problems and capture their greatest opportunities. We work with some of the world’s largest and most complex companies to understand their unique business issues and opportunities in an ever changing environment. We help create sustainable change by stimulating innovation, unlocking data possibilities, navigating risk and regulatory complexity, optimising deals, and aligning costs with business strategy to create a competitive advantage.
Globalization and the need for a secure, affordable energy & resources’ availability go hand-in-hand. Economic development is dependent on sufficient sources of energy—oil, gas, electricity, coal, alternative fuels and others. World is the middle of a changing energy landscape, both in terms of demand and supply, which has posed a challenge to our clients in the region. The team in Middle East work with governments and private clients to solve such important business problems and create value in challenging business environment and marketing conditions. We focus primarily on industries like Oil & Gas, Mining, Oil Field Services and Petrochemical.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a passionate industry team, to continue developing yourself as an industry expert and to build further key contacts within the industry in the region.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Lead cross functional internal and client teams, across business and oil & gas and supply chain, to develop and deliver operations strategies in industrial sectors, with a particular emphasis on the implementation of cost reduction initiatives and continuous improvement.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in different sectors and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients in ME.
- Supporting the development of new propositions to help our client.
- You should be able to leverage your experience in different industries to bring best practices to support our clients in achieving set engagement goals.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- You should have led teams and mentored/ trained other members in your team/ business unit in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, having the ability to prioritize workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programs excel, word, and PowerPoint
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project requirements dictate.
- Exposure to data gathering techniques and analysis, and reporting insights in a clear and effective way is desirable.
- Ability to evaluat and manage our clients unique challenges in order to ensure we can maximise their return on the overall investment in human capital.
Education:Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Years of Experience:8+ years of relevant industry experience within a leading utility or 6 years within a management consultancy, offering strategy and transformation services to the Power and Water sectors
The candidate will have gained the following skills / knowledge:
- In-depth understanding of the Utility business, value chain and drivers.
- Understanding of energy policies in the Middle East and globally.
- Knowledge of the Demand and Supply dynamics of the Power and Water sector in the region.