Environmental Protection, Health & Safety Officer - #16550
Siemens strongly believes in the value of a Digital Portfolio, hence Smart Infrastructure combines Digital Power Distribution and Digital Building Infrastructure technologies. Our Digital Portfolio will enable our customers to enjoy occupant’s intuitive buildings which are comfortable, safe, secure and energy efficient.
Smart infrastructure from Siemens intelligently connects energy systems, buildings and industries to adapt and evolve the way we live and work. We work together with customers and partners to build an ecosystem that intuitively responds to the needs of people and helps customers to better use resources. It helps our customers to thrive, communities to progress and supports sustainable development.
Join our Smart Infrastructure Factory as EHS Officer (Environmental Protection, Health & Safety) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging And Future-Oriented!
The successful candidate will take the responsibility of implementing all elements of Environmental, Health, Safety (“EHS”) management system in Siemens Factory operations. The primary responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute health and safety plans in the workplace according to legal guidelines, Customer, and organization requirements.
- Implementation of EHS Management System according to International Standards (ISO14001 & ISO 45001).
- Implementation of Corporate Systems & Procedures at the factory including customer requirements (contractual).
- Implementation of EHS Policy, guidelines, procedures & compliance to legal requirements to establish a culture of health and safety.
- Leading EHS core team meetings in identifying aspects & hazards at the workplace/facilities and establish control measures and guiding & training factory personnel in implementing them.
- Identify training needs, plan, and organize training program on EHS at different levels and Conduct training and presentations for health and safety topics and accident prevention.
- Contributes to internal and external EHS audits and take corrective/preventive actions promptly.
- Identify near misses, unsafe acts & unsafe conditions and ensure corrective /preventive actions.
- Incident/Accident communication (escalation), investigation, analysis & recommendation of corrective & preventive actions to BU EHS Manager.
- Ensure use of Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) as required based on nature of work and Ensure availability of all safety gadgets in the factory.
- Analyses and monitors adherence to EHS standards and prepares regular EHS reporting.
- Coordination with internal & external partners on EHS topic.
- You should have minimum experience of 5 years.
- Required Educational Qualification: Degree in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Added advantage will be with candidates possessing, NEBOSH qualified and Certified Lead Auditor for ISO 14001 & ISO 45001
- Level 2 (professional) certificate in the field of Occupation Safety and Health is an advantage.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.