Engineering Manager - #16684
How will you CONTRIBUTE and GROW?The engineering manager is the main delegate for the facility manager. His engineering team monitors the facilties' efficiency daily using the SIO-Perform tool to make optimization recommendations daily to the operations team. His team also monitors the plant catalyst performance and water treatment KPIs. He manages the capital (CAPEX) plan, management of change (MOC), and Root Cause Analysis (RCAs) including action plan tracking. He manages, develops and motivates his engineering team by providing appropriate training and coaching. He ensures process KPI reporting duly and in quality.
Safety & IMS
"Ensures that the engineering team and contractors work safely, in compliance with Air Liquide requirements and local regulations: application of Safety Work Permit, proper use of PPE.
Organizes regularly toolbox safety talks with the team (ex. BSV).
Review and improve SOPs on a regular basis.
Ensures that modifications are well identified and implemented in the full respect of MOC Procedure.
"Defines and monitors the different KPIs to maximize plant efficiency. Investigate, propose, and implement improvements to current systems in order to gain operational efficiency(GYM projects)
Participates / leads technical investigations (Root Cause Analysis) or assessments (ex. MOC), develops actions plans and ensures the implementation of corrective actions via Qualipro.
Manages MOCs for the facility and tracks due dates and closure as the MOC Coordinator. As MOC coordinator, he/she is responsible for coordinating and facilitating the Management of Change process within his/her perimeter, ensuring that change requests are properly documented, and maintaining the MOC register up-to-date
Cooperates with Air Liquide Experts (Process Optimization, etc)
Develops the annual CAPEX budgets and then controls expenses according to the approved budget. Ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, injury-free, with complete documentation. Completes basic engineering design functions such as P&ID mark-ups, specification review, technical bid analysis, etc. Estimates the project. Where necessary obtain quotations for equipment, consultants and/or EPC services. Specifies equipment and services, select vendors, issue Purchase Requisitions and field contracts and expedite delivery. Oversees project execution so that the end result meets the original requirements, on schedule and within budget. Develops and maintains project schedule to ensure on timely delivery.
Using historical events, proposes sources of improvements (increase reliability, decrease running costs, etc).
- Leading root cause analyses, through appropriate RCA methods, notably causal tree analysis,
- Ensuring that root causes are thoroughly identified, notably systemic, human and organizational causes,
- Verifying that the selected corrective actions effectively address identified root causes.
"Coaches and Guides engineering team members. Provide regular job evaluation and feed back to every member of his team.
Ensure engineering staff levels is adequate and propose adjustments. Proceed with requisitions and support personnel search as required.
Listens and understands expectations and concerns, both, individual and collective by his team. Conduct annual personal appraisal for all members of the team.
Ensure that all employees in his team have well defined training requirements and that they are properly trained and qualified for the tasks assigned to them. Ensure adequate cross-training where required.
Gets the best of his team in terms of involvement and availability."
"Monthly LIRE report
Monthly TEI efficiency report
Monthly Catalyst performance report"
Participates to new projects.
Are you a MATCH?
Discipline: Engineering-ChemicalWork experience : Process or Project engineering experience5-10 yr
Team leader: experience5-10 yr
Technical expertise: Catalysts, water treatment, MOCs, RCAs, SOPs
Key fields: HyCO
Knowledge and Knowhow specific to the job
M1 - S4 - I6 - F3.1. Strong chemical, mechanical, and/or project engineering background demonstrating knowledge of applicable engineering principles and processes
2. Skillful at troubleshooting and problem solving
3. Effective project manager; able to complete projects within budget and time constraints
4. Be able to build confidence and gains respect of facility personnel. Exemplifies good work ethic and fosters a safe and effective teamwork atmosphere
5. Have strong people management and leadership skills and a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience
6. Have a minimum of 5 years experience in Industrial Gases or related industry
Management and behavior skills
1. Analytic capabilities 2. Decision Making 3. Deliver results 4. Safety, Quality and Reliability 5. Knowledge / Learning - Experiencing new challenges outside own comfort zone
6. Managing competing demands while remaining focussed on essentials 7. Clear communication 8. Trustworthy / Compliant with rules and procedures 9. Achieve change - Open to other’s ideas. 10. Coaching skills
Our Differences make our Performance
At Air Liquide, we are committed to build a diverse and inclusive workplace that embraces the diversity of our employees, our customers, patients, community stakeholders and cultures across the world.
We welcome and consider applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of their background. We strongly believe a diverse organization opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to innovate by living our fundamentals, acting for our success and creating an engaging environment in a changing world.