ELL Learning Support Teacher - #25143
مدارس المجموعة العالمية (ISG)
Position DescriptionSCHOOL / LOCATION American School Dhahran DIVISION / DEPARTMENT Elementary / Middle POSITION TYPE Teacher WORKS DAYS / HOURS 191 days @ 8 hours per day POSITION STATUS Full time SALARY CODE Teacher ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS Saudi National Dependent POSITION START DATE As soon as possible APPLICATION DEADLINE Until filled REPORTS TO Ronnie Caldwell, Principal REQUISITION NUMBER 04-2324-137
We are looking for a qualified and passionate learning support teacher, who will be part of our excellent resource program team. The position carries responsibility for assisting elementary/middle school students who are English language learners.
The resource program is a combination of pullout and inclusion help. This resource teacher will be in the classroom one to three times each week with each student in order to observe the student and understand the lesson as the teacher is presenting it.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively:
- Demonstrate commitment to the safety and security of children and young people (child protection).
- Plan and deliver lessons in accordance with the goals and objectives of a clearly defined and documented curriculum.
- Deliver an active, hands-on and student-centered programme to promote learning.
- Maintain students attendance records, grades and other required records.
- Evaluate and grade students class works and assignments.
- Compile, administer, and grade examinations.
- Assist students who need extra help with their coursework outside of class.
- Observe, monitor and record student progress.
- Respond appropriately to the range of individual needs and abilities within the class.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, and course materials and methods of instruction.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, talking with colleagues, and participating in professional conferences
- Collaborate with colleagues to address teaching and research issues.
- Support district and school initiatives with professionalism.
- Demonstrate creativity.
- Serve on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, departmental matters, and academic issues.
- Provide supervision to student “after school activity” or coach/assistant coach the athletic team.
- Maintain a safe learning environment for students and staff at all times. Perform other duties as assigned by the Principal and/or the Assistant Principals.
Qualifications and Knowledge
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification as a Teacher.
- Certification as an ELL (English Language Learners) teacher.
Experience and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience as an ELL learning support teacher at elementary/middle school
- Excellent command of English, both written and oral.
- Highly-developed classroom management skill.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Maturity to handle a range of situations.
- Sound knowledge of Google Suite and Microsoft Office.
- Loyalty and a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written.