Electrocardiogram Technician - #16408
Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare
The Electrocardiogram Technician functions as a healthcare provider, working under the delegated authority of the supervising physician, serves as a cardiovascular Technician assists doctors in performing cardiovascular exams on patients, overseeing, administering, analyzing, and recording tests that require special EKG equipment.
The work will be in Johns Hopkins Aramco Healthcare, Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab. The work assignment will be in Dhahran. The work hours will be mandated to meet the operational needs as directed by the Cardiology Management.
Daily with the other services in the Cardiology Services or other technical staff and physicians. Ongoing with other services in JHAH or/and the other services’ key personnel. Occasional public and community contact through communicating the policy changes, revisions, and/or introduction of new work rules.
- Prepare exam room and electrocardiograph machine and related to conduct EKG examinations in accordance with infections disease, sterilization, and patient safety protocols, policies, and procedures
- Assume responsibility for the safety of the patient during the exam.
- Review patient medical history and supporting clinical information.
- Ensure that examination order is complete, contains relevant information, and meets the standard of “medical necessity.
- Must be able to work with wide age range of patients from prenatal (fetal) to adult
- Evaluate any contraindications, insufficient patient preparation, and the patient’s inability or unwillingness to tolerate the examination and associated procedures.
- Communicate with the patient in a manner appropriate to the patient’s ability to understand.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy and facility policies, and procedures.
- Use proper patient positioning tools, devices, and equipment adjustment to ensure patient comfort and safety, and to prevent musculoskeletal injury to the Technicians.
- Perform the electrocardiograph procedure ordered by the supervising physician in accordance with professional and facility protocols.
- Duties include; Full range of electrocardiograph procedures and related examinations, exercise tolerance test system (Treadmill), Cardiac perfusion procedures, loop memory monitor, Holter monitors, Portable Blood Pressure Monitors.
- Responsible for workload scheduling.
- Positions and applies electrodes as appropriate. Connects leads from electrocardiograph machine to electrodes on specified body areas. Remove the electrodes after tests are completed.
- Instructs patients prior any of the procedure in order to gain patient cooperation.
- Monitor patient during procedure and reports any abnormal findings.
- Takes patient’s blood pressure accurately
- Identifies and corrects for wandering, interference, and artifact. Edits and forwards results to attending physician for analysis and interpretation.
- Assists cardiologists in analyzing Holter tests and loop memory monitor.
- Attends all code blues, being prepared to assist as needed and to perform EKG rhythm monitoring, if requested.
- Performs ECG duties in the MUSE System
- Maintains EKG equipment and supplies.
- Logs and reviews test data.
- Required to participate in call-In schedule
- Request Equipment’s accessories or supplies if needed.
- Two years Diploma or Associate’s Degree in Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Technology or related Health science degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Minimum of 3 years of experience in Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab.
Certifications/Other requirements as applicable
- Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers
- Registered in Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work as a team member within the Non-Invasive Cardiology Lab and all other departments.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills including the ability to manage interactions with difficult people
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, management and peers
- Create a safe, effective environment.