EHS Engineer - #24825
Requisition ID 50505
Position Type FT Permanent
Posting Type LI
About KerryKerry is the world's leading taste and nutrition company for the food, beverage and pharmaceutical industries. Every day we partner with customers to create healthier, tastier and more sustainable products that are consumed by billions of people across the world. Our vision is to be our customers' most valued partner, creating a world of sustainable nutrition. A career with Kerry offers you an opportunity to shape the future of food while providing you opportunities to explore and grow in a truly global environment
About the role
Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HSE programs in the factory. In conjunction with the HSE Lead, develop a Site Safety Management Plan (SMP) for to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors and community.
- Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update as appropriate to ensure alignment with project scope and conditions
- Organise and schedule required safety staff and first aid coverage
- Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately
- Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary
- Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed
- Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
- Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and Regional Safety Manager for compliance and action plan
- Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman and Safety Advisors
- Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health & Safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
- Prepare for, and participate in, audits such as 18001, COR and/or Owner audits
- Communicate with, coach and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met
- Coordinate a regular meeting with project safety team to review issues, trends and upcoming conditions or events
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and skills
- Minimum Diploma in Engineering, Environmental, Health & Safety, Chemistry or equivalent (degree preferred)
- Must be registered with OSH Authority as a competent Health & Safety Officer
- NEBOSH Qualification (preferred)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the area of HSE in a multinational manufacturing environment with a preference for people who have a minimum of 2 years’ supervisory level experience.
- In-depth knowledge of the Occupational Safety & Health, Environmental Protection Laws & Regulations, preferably with knowledge in OHSAS 18001 or ISO 14001
- Experienced with compliance audits and safety management systems.
- An excellent communicator (both oral and written) capable of conveying ideas and concepts, and making formal presentations.
- Ability to work independently and have little need for close management supervision and direction.
- Must possess strong organizational and technical skills, a real passion for their work and driven to get the job done.
- Ability to persuade and influence others effectively.
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent us. A Kerry employee will not solicit candidates through a non-Kerry email address or phone number. In addition, Kerry does not currently utilise video chat rooms (e.g., Google Hangouts) to conduct interviews. Refuse any request that asks you to provide payment to participate in the hiring process (e.g., purchasing a “starter kit,” investing in training, or something similar). Kerry will not ask you to pay any money at any point in the hiring process with the exception of reimbursable travel expenses. In addition, any payments made by Kerry will be from official firm accounts bearing the Kerry name.