EH&S Area Lead (GHE) (Open) - #16603
Job Description and Qualifications
I. POSITION SUMMARY
This is a Contract position, based at the NEOM Green Hydrogen Elements (GHE) Project Site location, working a 8 x 2 weeks’ rotational assignment. The project is being executed by the AIR PRODUCTS NEOM Green Hydrogen Project (NGHP) – Green Hydrogen Elements (GHE) Project execution team and is expected to last approximately 48 months.
The incumbent is responsible for working in a specific area of the site to ensure the EH&S requirements implemented by the Contractor Organization(s) meet the intent of the project and AIR PRODUCTS EH&S systems. It is AIR PRODUCTS’ objective to achieve highest standards and performance levels during the execution of all project related activities. The incumbent will work closely with the Area Construction Manager, manage a team of Area EH&S Supervisors and report to the EH&S Manager.
The incumbent is expected to have detailed knowledge of EH&S requirements and best practices related to construction and pre-commissioning safety and extensive work experience in this area.
II. NATURE AND SCOPE
- Description: Green Hydrogen Element of NEOM Green Hydrogen Project is a processing facility that will extract hydrogen from water with the use of wind and solar energy and ultimately produce green ammonia.
- Project Location: NEOM Green Hydrogen, Northwest of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, near Duba town.
- Client: Neom Green Hydrogen Company (NGHC), a joint venture of AIR PRODUCTS, ACWA and NEOM
- Project Size Range: $3.25 Billion
- Project Duration: Approx. 48 months (start in 3/2022)
- Number of individuals working on site: at peak 6.000 to 7.000
- Site of GHE EH&S Team: Approx. 30
IV. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
This position is accountable for the following end results:
- Support the full implementation of the project EH&S Plan
- Actively promote the development of a ‘Total Safety Culture’ and provide support during the implementation of all related (leadership) activities
- Demonstrate strong leadership at all times throughout the project phases
- Act as a coach, both for the assigned EH&S team and for Contractors
- Coordinate with Contractors to ensure Approval to Mobilize and HAZIDs work activities in accountable area are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure Contractors EH&S programs and safe work practices are reviewed and monitored on an ongoing basis
- Review and comment on Risk Assessments, Job Safety Analysis and Method Statements for all work activities in the accountable area to ensure accuracy and validity of the same.
- Ensure all hazardous work permits are adequately completed and fully implemented at site.
- Establish a program of inspections and audits in accountable area
- Ensure EH&S information/expertise is provided to the site team when solicited to ensure compliance to AIR PRODUCTS standards and local laws
- Coordinate safety training as required with the Contractor organizations
- Actively participate in and lead safety promotion events, campaigns, competitions, established programs
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the AIR PRODUCTS EH&S Manager / Area Construction Manager as required
- Give input to ensure the accurate completion of all EH&S reports
- Support the implementation of the Project Emergency Response Plan and review Rescue Plans within accountable area
- Facilitate incident investigations and complete incident reports in accountable area
- Cooperate closely with area construction management, project security manager, medical team and contractor organizations
V. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Engineering / Science degree
- NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent is a mandatory requirement
- Safety certificates in OSHA, IOSH or similar
- 12 years’ experience on international mega-projects, at least 6 years working in EH&S lead position
- Passion for systematic, structured, and pro-active EH&S management
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Familiar with all aspects of Construction Safety and possessing specialist knowledge in one or two areas of Construction Safety (e.g., excavations, scaffolding, lifting, etc.)
- Being a good team player, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Physically fit and able to spend a large proportion of the day on site
- Ability to work in a multifaceted / multinational organizational matrix with a variety of working relationships
- Willingness to travel and be based in remote location
- Knowledge and experience of industrial gas projects, especially in KSA
- Knowledge and experience of EPC management
Possess driving license
Employment StatusFixed Term (agency) - Full Time
OrganizationGlobal Engrg Mfg Technology & Equipment
Business Sector / DivisionGEMTE MEET
RegionMiddle East, Egypt, Turkey (MEET)