Cost Engineer / MicroStrategy - BI Reporting Specialist, Jubail - #17042
Requisition ID: 273094
- Relocation Authorized: International - Family
- Grade: 26
- Position to be Panel Interviewed? No
- Telework Type: Full-Time Office/Project
- Work Location: Jubail
- Employee Referral Amount:
Since 1898, we have helped customers complete more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents that have created jobs, grown economies, improved the resiliency of the world's infrastructure, increased access to energy, resources, and vital services, and made the world a safer, cleaner place.
Differentiated by the quality of our people and our relentless drive to deliver the most successful outcomes, we align our capabilities to our customers’ objectives to create a lasting positive impact.
We serve the Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy, and Mining & Metals markets. Our services span from initial planning and investment, through start-up and operations. Core to Bechtel are our values – ethics, safety, quality, people, culture, relationships, innovation and sustainability, and our covenants – integrity, respect, collaboration, trust, and delivery. They are what we believe, what customers can expect, and how we deliver.
Jubail Project is one of Bechtel’s most remarkable achievements — a city built from the sand up, requiring vast resources and logistical planning on an unprecedented scale. It the biggest civil engineering project in modern times—and it's getting bigger. Bechtel has managed the Jubail project, located in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia, since it began in the mid-1970s. Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company (SABCO) serves as the Management Services Contractor (MSC), or “owner’s representative” for our client, the Royal Commission (RC). We are the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) managers, managing design submissions from local AE firms, and overseeing the actual construction work being performed by local contractors and sub-contractors in Jubail and Ras-Al-Khair Industrial Cities. In June 2021, Bechtel’s contract with the Royal Commission was renewed for another 5 years with work focusing on building new residential communities, iconic buildings/ bridges, major site preparation, commercial buildings, mosques, schools, hospitals, sports facilities, clinics, universities, utility services and infrastructure (electrical sub-stations, lift stations), roads and highways, port & pipeline expansions, and more.
Jubail Project is seeking talented and ambitious senior lead developer who empower customers to make more informed decisions by providing timely, relevant, and accurate answers to their business questions. To achieve this mission, s/he work to understand business needs and technical requirements and design and implement high value solutions in the MicroStrategy platform.
This position would be highly suited for a skilled, senior BI lead who is looking for the next step in her/his career and wants to take on more challenges and responsibility. Hands-on experience with creating advanced MicroStrategy Schema is a must. This is a customer facing role, owning overall technical leadership to deliver innovative BI solution end to end.
- MicroStrategy platform setup, configuration, and management.
- Perform data modeling by using diversified data sources.
- Monitoring the system using Enterprise Manager and using the statistics information to manage the load on schedule, memory utilization.
- Gather and transform business requirements into innovative BI solutions that effectively support business users.
- Document designs, specifications, and flow diagrams to assist in efficient development, support, and problem analysis.
- Involved in creating solution approach, effort, cost estimates and implementation plans.
- Ensures a solid understanding of business objectives associated with projects and/or programs to which s/he is assigned.
- Create and enhance report objects, metrics, filters, and prompts.
- Develop dashboards and reports per specified requirements and timelines.
- Develop, execute, and document test plans for development activities.
- Validate reporting results against requirements and troubleshoot and analyze data issues within reports.
- Develop a strong understanding of the source systems that pass data to the reporting systems, and the relationships within the data.
- Support and manage projects, ad-hoc management reporting requests, testing, and issue resolution.
- Ensure optimal end-user performance by establishing and consistently executing overall system performance assessment processes and associated action plans.
- Connects project outcomes with customers' overall vision.
- Develops customer relationship and expectation management skills by independently collaborating with customers.
- Leverages MicroStrategy best practices for service delivery.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, or equivalent degree
- Overall, 10-12 years working experience in BI and at least 5 years firsthand experience on MicroStrategy.
- Proficient in MicroStrategy architecture, schema, design and development of various reports, dashboard, and cubes in MicroStrategy
- Hands-on development of dynamic dashboards, grids, graphs, scorecards, and statistical reporting utilizing MicroStrategy
- Fluent in creating and modelling advanced MicroStrategy Schema layers, including setting up joins, hierarchies, logical tables etc.
- Candidate should possess excellent organizational and interpersonal skills with an ability to work closely with peers, external customers, and client counterparts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse organization, recognizing and respecting differences.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- MicroStrategy SDK experience
- Demonstrated ability to learn modern technologies and business requirements.
- Experience working with and supporting cross-functional teams.
- Advanced SQL coding skills
- Hands on development in BI reporting and performance tuning
- Power BI and/or any other reporting tool
- Predictive analytics
- Prior experience working as client representation or in PM/CM role preferred.
- Prior Middle-East work experience preferred.
- Ability to train /mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Capable of dealing and interacting with challenging people and situations.
- Excellent organizational, time management and decision-making skills.
Bechtel employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or show proof of a negative test result prior to accessing Bechtel sites/facilities to the extent required by applicable law or by customer requirements.
Bechtel’s internal staffing policy includes the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the applicable policy manual and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
Per Policy 203-Internal Staffing, the Functional Manager of all internal Bechtel employees that are selected to proceed with an interview as part of Bechtel’s internal recruitment process will receive a notification including the position title and corresponding Functional Lead.