CONSULTANT, TRANSPLANT & HEPATOBILIARY - PANCREATIC SURGERY - #17141
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Provides inpatient and outpatient consultations, treatment and management as assigned.
2. Assumes shared responsibility with Consultant Transplant Herpetology (adult and Paediatric) for the management of new transplant recipients.
3. Assumes responsibility for patients under his care. Liaises with various support service departments and medical specialties to provide appropriate and timely medical care, in accordance with the standards laid down by KFSH&RC.
4. Participates in the On-Call rotation schedule for the section of Liver Transplant & Hepatobilary -Pancreatic Surgery.
5. Collaborates and coordinates with other teams and staff members related to liver and small bowel transplantation and hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery.
6. Admits patients, initiates investigations and ensures all findings are recorded. Assesses patient’s diseases or conditions to determine appropriate therapeutic modalities/procedures.
7. Conducts ward rounds as per policy and reassesses inpatients under care. Documents all findings in medical records.
8. Ensures appropriate patient preparation for procedures/surgery and performs procedures/surgery as indicated in the signed clinical privilege form.
9. Attends specialty clinics, outpatient clinics, day surgical units, day medical units, special procedures, treatment areas and shares on-call schedule as per requirements.
10. Attends and actively participates in the Morning Endorsement Meeting, Transplant Selection Meeting, HCC meeting and other departmental and divisional clinical activities.
11. Performs all other related duties as assigned.
1. Directs and advices junior staff on patient management, especially in the field of liver and small bowel transplantation and hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery.
2. Guides and actively participates in the training and teaching of residents, fellows, assistant consultants and junior staff.
3. Keeps abreast with all of the latest techniques and developments, especially in the field of liver and small bowel transplantation and hepatobiliary pancreatic surgery, following and implementing them on a selective basis to improve technical standards.
4. Actively participates in undergraduate and post graduate educational activities and training programs as assigned by section head, chairman and/or director, Organ Transplant Centre.
5. Participates in national and international medical conferences.
1. Actively participates in clinical, basic and translational research projects and publishes papers in accordance with Research Advisory Council Policy in order to advance knowledge, improve the quality of post graduate education and contribute to the national and international recognition of KFSH&RC.
1. Undertakes administrative duties as assigned by Section Head, Chairman of the department and Director, Organ Transplant Centre.
2. Participates in all mandatory departmental activities and the Organ Transplant Centre’s Activities, i.e. Staff Meeting, Core Lectures, Research Forum, etc. and serves on departmental and hospital committees, as required.
3. Assists the department in the development and implementation of techniques and practices that help maximize the utilization of all resources within the department and across the hospital.
4. Abides by the current hospital and medical staff bylaws, all relevant rules, regulations and policies and keeps updated of any changes that might occur.
5. Actively contributes to the Division’s and/or the Department’s documentation of patient care processes and outcomes in the medical chart and or The Organ Transplant Registry.
6. Complies with all hospital related policies and procedures.
Graduation from an acrredited medical school with accredited post graduate surgical training Saudi/Arab/American Board certification or equivalent. Membership and/or fellow status in the UK and/or North America or equivalent.
Vast experience in liver & small bowel transplantation, hepatobiliary, and pancreatic surgery.