Communications Manager - #16889
ENGIE is a global reference in low-carbon energy and services. With its 96,000 employees, its customers, partners and stakeholders, the Group is committed to accelerate the transition towards a carbon-neutral world, through reduced energy consumption and more environmentally-friendly solutions. Inspired by its purpose (“raison d’être”), ENGIE reconciles economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet, building on its key businesses (gas, renewable energy, services) to offer competitive solutions to its customers. Turnover in 2022: 93.9 billion Euros. The Group is listed on the Paris and Brussels stock exchanges (ENGI) and is represented in the main financial indices (CAC 40, Euronext 100, FTSE Euro 100, MSCI Europe) and non-financial indices (DJSI World, Euronext Vigeo Eiris - Europe 120 / France 20, MSCI EMU ESG screened, MSCI EUROPE ESG Universal Select, Stoxx Europe 600 ESG-X).
About ENGIE Saudi Arabia
ENGIE has been present in the region for more than 30 years. ENGIE develops its activities in partnership with Saudi actors on energy production, seawater desalination, district cooling, energy solutions and high valueadded facilities management. We have 2000 employees and over USD 7.9 Billion of capital investment in the Kingdom. ENGIE generates 7600 MW of power, equivalent to 10% of the installed capacity of Saudi Arabia and produces 176 MIGD of desalinated water per day, equivalent to 11% of market production.
Purpose of the Job
To anchor all communication related activities and boost ENGIE Saudi Arabia’s brand visibility to target audiences through the effective use of technology and innovative mediums. This role will be responsible for the organisations Branding Internal and External.
Key Accountabilities / deliverables
- Overarching responsibility for Saudi Arabia’s internal and external communications
- Develop corporate communications strategy, plan and budget for ENGIE in Saudi Arabia
- Responsible for building ENGIE’s visibility in the country, aligned with the business objectives.
- Seek different ways to communicate regularly, be that aligned with tenders, financial closes,project milestones, project delivery, plus general busine subsidiaries, CEO communications
- Understand the needs of the organisation (business milestones, org announcements,products, tools, process) to produce effective and relevant communication strategies and campaigns
- Create interest and demand through media, press releases, conferences, interviews, content management, internal communications, risk management and collaterals.
- Decide and manage all external events and exhibitions, including content delivery, key messages
- Market research & competitive intelligence: - Conduct research on case studies, white papers to support the industries knowledge and understanding of the market
- Set up policy/guidelines for all media interactions in the organization for interviews, quotes, emails, and any other form of communication
- Ability to create content through investigatory means: collaterals, films, animations, infographics, presentations, fact sheets
- Develop and write collateral pieces, advertising, newsletters, social media, website
- Develop executive speeches and all key messages for ENGIE speakers externally
- Develop and oversee and deliver all digital and online media including; website, social media strategy, sponsored contents etc.
- Create and grow strategic stakeholder relationships with external parties such as government, upc, local councils, media, customers,
- Drive proactive and reactive communications internally to support the business. Work closely with the leadership team to position the business with external audiences, build brand strength and visibility
- Monitor corporate reputation and crisis communications
- Manage Investor and Media Relations for Saudi Arabia
- Organise and communicate all ENGIE CSR initiatives and university institutions
- Manage and coordinate internal communications (staff messages, events) across the ENGIE Saudi Arabia. Partner and counsel cross-functional teams to create internal stories that can be used externally.
- Custodian of the ENGIE Brand to ensure compliance with Gp Brand Guidelines.
- Work with regional communications to stay aligned to ENGIE’s global Ambitions
- Full time professional degree in Communications, PR, Marketing or equivalent
- Fluent in English and Arabic (verbal and written skills)
- Other languages would be a benefit
- Excellent writing, spelling, editing and proofreading skills
Skills and experience
- Broad experience as a Communications professional with minimum of 8 – 10 years of experience
- Tech savvy and proficient in MS office suite
- Demonstrated success in a cost and delivery focused environment
- Ability to deliver creative solutions to needs of internal customers
- Regional Communications team
- Stakeholders and Regulatory Affairs team
- Business & Functional leaders
- Must be very organised with the ability to manage several simultaneous projects/activities
- Being flexible, creative and proactive
- Having competent project management skills
- Stress resistant, flexible, open-minded
- Being able to prioritise projects and tasks
- Appetite to work in an international environment
Permanent Schedule: Full Time Primary
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Business Unit: GBU Flexible Gen & Retail Division: Legal Entity: Contract Type: Permanent Job Type: Professional Experience: Skilled ( >3 experience <15 years) Education Level: Bachelor's Degree