Commercial/Contracts Manager - #17160
SYSTRA is one of the world's leading engineering and consultancy groups specialising in public transport and sustainable mobility. With over 9,600 employees, SYSTRA's mission is to design safe and sustainable transport solutions to bring people together, develop social inclusion and facilitate access to employment, education and leisure throughout the world.
For 65 years, the Group has been working alongside cities and regions to contribute to their development by creating, improving and modernising their infrastructure and transport systems, throughout the life cycle of their projects. SYSTRA is involved from the earliest stages of design through to the testing, deployment and maintenance phases. The company provides all its services in over 80 countries worldwide and generates 74% of its turnover internationally. With its new services, SYSTRA supports its clients and partners in their digital, ecological and energy transition, in order to invent the mobility of tomorrow.
As our Infrastructure Business Line is growing we are seeking an experienced Commercial/Contracts Manager for our Oxagon project based in Duba, Saudi Arabia. The designated Commercial/Contracts Manager overall responsibility is to support the Project Director in the delivery of the project to the contractual arrangements and the required commercial outcome are in accordance with the agreed financial objectives.
Due to the location of this project, we are seeking candidates who are interested to consider an out of the city assignment.
- Define and implement criteria for control and management of the project.
- Monitor, review and ultimately take responsibility for the content of the project master programme. Ensure the structure of the master programme is in line with the envisaged or agreed project WBS and provide strategic guidance to the schedule formulation.
- Monitor and oversee progress status updates of the master programme and where necessary liaise with project stakeholders to lead delay mitigation strategies and improvement initiatives.
- Take an active and leading role in the control of 'time' on the project, ensuring a protocol and full review of early warnings is in place, and generally ensure a project structure, and personal ownership of changes, is implemented.
- Ensure that a formal risk management process is in place on the project, utilising agreed risk register and management process.
- Hold, chair and lead risk meeting and actively participate in formulation of mitigation and control measures. Regularly discuss risk management
- You will be mainly responsible for the commercial performance of the project
- Monitor the delivery of Contract Administration services by other, and ensure such is protecting the Client as far as possible. Pro-actively monitor this service to ensure active claims protection and management is in place through the issue of contractual correspondence and record maintenance.
- Take overall responsibility of the 'cost' element of the project, even if through the monitoring and management of a third party cost consultant.
- Ensure effective budget control is in place across the project, and that such is reviewed and updated on minimum monthly basis.
- Where applicable lead and oversee the value management strategy.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with client representatives, consultants, and other project stakeholders
- Monitor compliance of the Service Delivery Process throughout the project delivery phase and respond to queries
- Review monthly financial reports and review any actions in respect of the Risk Register and project contingency
- Provide guidance to project teams to ensure a consistent approach to billing in line with contractual arrangements is maintained to maximise positive cash flow.
- Influence behaviours to provide early warnings of risk to projects financial health
- Demonstrated ability to consistently suceed in a similar role, with typically, 25+ years of relevant experience in large infrastructure projects showing increasing levels of responsibility
- Previously held a Commercial/Contracts Manager position or equivalent
- Previous experience in design delivery projects
- Shall have experience in managing and directing a large group of engineers with the responsibility to guide the technical development of the group to optimize the capability of the team and to deliver cost-effective designs in the most efficient manner.
- Manage and direct major projects successfully to budget and client specifications
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction management or equivalent
- Experience across the full project lifecycle with respect to planning, cost, and schedule control
- Good understanding of the design process and construction methodologies
- KSA or at least GCC experience is preferred
- High level consulting and client management skills
- Ability to interpret and communicate information of a complex nature
- Client service orientation
- Proven project design skills (achieving prescribed budget, timeframe and client requirements)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively within a diverse and multi-disciplinary environment
- Skills in managing competing priorities and working under pressure
Systra is an equal opportunities company; this position is open to all applicants.