CHIEF, CONTRACTS SERVICES - #24949
King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
1. Offers the Hospital administration with both qualitative and quantitative techniques, recommendations and solutions for assessing the impact of risks on Hospital contracts and projects.
2. Participates in executive level meetings and management committees formed at the Hospital with the charge to provide essential inputs in management decisions.
3. Collaborates with Hospital administration in seeking streamlined, systematic approaches to complex tasks related to Hospital administrative contracts as well as budgeting, financial and administrative issues.
4. Recommends advance negotiation strategies and tactics through interactive and intensive exercises for all Hospital services, supplies, equipment and projects.
5. Manages and monitors contract quality according to the credential and all international standards.
6. Provides consultancy and advisory assistance to other Hospitals and government entities seeking the Hospital's experience in all activities associated with all KFSH&RC administrative contracts as assigned.
7. Provides leadership to Contracts Management Specialists.
8. Provides the information. prepares the official correspondences from the Hospital to the authorities which include but not limited to the Ministerial Council, Ministry of Finance. Ministry of Health, Ministry of Planning, General Audit Bureau etc., regarding the Hospital's administrative contracts. policies and any other Hospital issues as requested.
9. Provides the documentation including reports related to the status of all Hospital administrative contracts from all aspects.
10. Coordinates with concerned departments, prepares, issues, and manages bid tendering process including development of specifications. Ensures effective communications between parties, ensures legal requirements are met, assist with determining contract completion dates, ensures that documents are prepared and correct. and analyzes bid from a technical and cost perspective.
11. Participates in bid evaluation and review of contract proposals, implementation, and contract acceptance; recommends contract changes; ensures implementation of changes in accordance with terms and conditions. Evaluates contractor's performance; coordinates review of contractor's performance with concerned departments.
12. Ensure effective communication between parties, ensures legal requirements are met, assists with determining contracts completion dates, ensures that documents ar prepared and corrects, and analyses bid from a technical and cost perspective.
13. Reviews contract problems and disputes and makes recommendations for problem and dispute resolution through the Director; recommends approval or payments to contractors when contract obligations are met.
14. Evaluates contractor's performance and coordinates review of contractor's performance with concerned departments.
15. Performs site inspections and acceptance of projects in conjunction with concerned departments.
16. Ensures preparation of required legal documentation.
17. Participates with budgeting personnel in discussions with Ministry of finance regarding budget requests; prepares and presents financial information requested for budget preparation; monitors contracts funding requirements.
18. Coordinates and liaises with Legal Department in court cases brought by the Hospital or against the Hospital regarding contract obligations or requirements.
19. Maintains documentation regarding governmental regulations. revised instructions of governmental agencies, or Hospital regulations regarding contracts.
20. Participates in self and others' education. training and development, as applicable.
21. Performs any other related duties as assigned.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accountancy, Law or related discipline is required.
seven (7) years of related experience including three (3) years in a senior, supervisory managerial position with Master's, or nine (9) years of similar qualifications with Bachelor Degree is required.