Catering & Events Sales Executive - #16342
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform other duties as assigned (guest room tours, property tours, special guest requests, maintaining calendars,
answering phones and routing to appropriate sales staff, handling of mail, faxes, etc.)
- Respond to client calls and special requests and obtain final details, dates, times, and hotel room and meeting room requirements. Regularly follow-up with clients and maintain accurate and updated information.
- Perform administrative duties such as typing proposals, letters, contracts, etc. Collect data, update data-bases,
and complete departmental monthly reports.
- Conduct relative sales calls to target segment as per the sales plan set up by the Director of Commercial.
- Prepare relative reports as required by the Director of Commercial.
- Participate in all community relations activities
- Resolve requests and/or complaints to the satisfaction of the guest; inform supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or dissatisfied clients.
- Promote team work and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
Coordinate details with other departments such as VIP amenities, special requests, or other service needs or special
- May coordinate outside vendor service needs (floral displays, audio/visual, etc.) where appropriate. Regularly follow-up to ensure set-up requirements meet client needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
High School diploma or equivalent plus 1 year experience in a sales/catering office or related field. Some College preferred.
Must speak fluent English.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Type at least 50 wpm; proficient PC computer skills Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Communicating with customers, employees, and third parties
- Use a keyboard to generate correspondence, reports, etc.
- Handling objects, products and computer equipment
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with clients and guests.
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized often.
- Basic math skills are used frequently.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.