BMS Engineer-Riyadh-Saudi National Only - #16797
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges
The Future Is What We Make It.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our Global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
By changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Make the Best You.
Working at Honeywell is not just about developing cool things. All our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Join us and Make an Impact.
We have an opportunity for a BMS Engineer to join our Honeywell Building Technologies team in Riyadh, KSA to be part of META Remote Buildings Operations Centre whom run technical help desk service based in Riyadh. You will be part of an office-based team who are the first point of contact for our contracted customer base and global service solutions. In addition to this you will provide technical assistance to our national field service team who have around 100 engineers. It will be your responsibility to ensure our customers gets their issues resolved in the most expedient way possible and in accordance to their SLA agreements. You will achieve this by offering remote fixes, alarm management, managing service visits and escalating quality issue through the business when needed. Another vital role this team plays is in the design and development of new onsite and remote technical services, which address the customer’s intelligent building needs. The Energy & Applications Team is key player in assisting Trend achieve is overall grown targets in the coming year so definitely an exciting team to be part of.
BMS Engineer Responsibilities
- Providing remote technical assistance for KSA, Bahrain and Kuwait contracted customers and the HBOC field service teams.
- Carry out and support the services the HBOC offer to their customer base
- Manage customer requests who have varying levels of expertise
- Liaise with third party providers on non-Building Management Systems related problems ensuring we deliver an enhance customer service
- Represent technical issues form both Field Service and customers sites at the appropriate technical forums.
- Driving energy savings through applying BMS expertise.
- Liaising with Field Service Account Handlers to resolve customer queries
- Ensure the achievement of all team / individual targets and KPI’s
- Work closely with Technical Support Team on Product Issues
- Carrying out development project work to enhance Energy & Applications Team offering
- Contribute to the design, engineering, configuration, implementation, commissioning, support/maintenance and upgrades of Honeywell’s OT, Connected Services and Enterprise Software Applications (EBI, DVM, EM, OBS, Forge, Pulse, Vector etc.) in the service LOB.
- Possess a strong understanding of ICT and Cybersecurity principles and design and how these systems and services work in tandem with Honeywell’s OT, Connected Services and Enterprise Software Applications.
- Posses a strong understanding and knowledge of all industry standards and protocols (BACnet, Modbus, OPC, SNMP, APIs etc) and how these protocols are used to ingest and share data from Honeywell and 3rd party technologies/applications with Honeywell’s OT/ Enterprise Applications and Connected Services.
- Be the Region’s focal point and subject matter expert (SME) for Honeywell OT, Enterprise Application and Connected Services.
- Ensure the global alignment, adherence and standardisation of the design, install, service and upgrades of Honeywell OT and Enterprise Applications with respect to the ICT and Cybersecurity services and technology selection of hardware / software.
- Take ownership of site issues and work in collaboration with TAC to ensure any issues with OT, Enterprise Applications or Connected Services are identified and rectified promptly
- Work in collaboration with ICT peers to facilitate implementation and upgrades of OT and Enterprise Software Applications.
- Review all ICT server/storage/network designs across the region with ICT Engineers to validate designs and quotes from Dell/etc.
- Have a detailed knowledge of all Honeywell OT, Enterprise Applications and Connected Services. Stay abreast of all relevant developments and innovations in this field (both internally and externally) and ensure emerging technologies are correctly aligned with customer requirements and solution offering.
- Possess a strong understanding of ICT and Cybersecurity principles and design and how these systems and services work in tandem with OT and Enterprise Software Applications.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Account Managers/Sales Team to ensure alignment on all customer sites and identify and proactively drive OT and Enterprise Application opportunities across the Region.
- Identify areas of innovation, technical excellence and best practices through knowledge sharing internally and externally to facilitate HBS becoming the go-to business for clients, star performers and employees.
- Build productive customer relationships, developing sponsors for Honeywell, and continually seek and capitalise upon opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships. Ensure Honeywell become the “trusted advisor” for delivery of OT/Enterprise Applications
- Work with the Account and Operation Managers in the Region to develop strong strategic partnerships with our existing customer base and identify and secure new customer portfolios.
- Work in collaboration with all relevant stakeholders to drive and articulate importance of ICT and Cybersecurity in connected and critical infrastructure to our existing customer base and new customer portfolio.
- Provide feedback and liaise with product management to ensure HBS product portfolio is appropriate to the changing needs of current and new customers and suits our regional market.
- Work with customers to understand their requirements to ensure proposed solution meets their needs and requirements, providing alternatives if needed/required.
- Posses an understanding of Honeywell field systems (Security, CCTV, Fire and HVAC) and how these technologies align and operate with Honeywell OT, Enterprise Applications and Connected Services.
- Sales Assistance/Design, involving innovative use of latest technology in establishing system design, and providing project estimates
- Prepare submittals per engineering standards, ensuring commitment dates are met. Review submittals with sales and delivery teams and lead team to obtain submittal approval
- Develop integrations and bespoke customizations for 3rd party products as required to meet solution design specifications.
- Develop software, perform ‘bench testing’ if required and deliver commissioning package to field. Assist delivery in start up as required.
- Develop detailed system designs/architectures, implementation procedures and documentation required for the successful delivery of the implementation/upgrades of all OT, Enterprise Applications and Connected Services.
- Provide technical direction, training and support to local field service specialists for operation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all OT, Enterprise Applications and Connected Services.
- Use strong Quality Assurance (QA) procedures for implementation/upgrades and ensure defect-free hardware and software to field delivery team
- Contribute to Technical Risk Reviews (TRR) for all service project works in your respective Region that involve OT/Enterprise Applications/Connected Services.
- Work with the relevant ICT/Cyber teams to protect the integrity of the Honeywell implemented software, server and network infrastructure.
- Enforce best practice procedures for change management, software upgrades and for the implementation of any new Honeywell product features or versions.
- Contribute to the development of project plans, schedules, and design/configuration documentation.
- Develop effective working relationships with Honeywell’s Technical Support Groups, systems users and software vendors, to ensure systems can be well maintained, used effectively, and that requests for action to correct system problems can be attended to effectively and promptly.
- Ensure that skills are maintained and enhanced in "specialist" area(s) relating to product knowledge, services knowledge, or industry knowledge. Ensure training plan is included in Personal Development Plan (PDP). Self-direction in identifying and suggesting training opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering
- Minimum 3-5 Years Experience in the design, implementation and maintenance of Honeywell OT, Enterprise Applications and Connected Services
- Strong understanding of Honeywell’s OT, Enterprise Applications and Connected Services
- Strong understanding of industry standard communications protocols (BACnet, Modbus, OPC, SNMP, API)
- Knowledge of ICT/Cybersecurity fundamentals
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills
- Fundamental knowledge of 3rd party IoT technologies and software applications
- Fundamental knowledge of Honeywell field applications (HVAC, Security, CCTV, Fire etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in organising and directing work activities according to priorities, and to meet deadlines involving multiple systems projects and vendors.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to develop innovative and creative solutions in a complex multiple systems environment.
- Understanding of Honeywell building technologies and application (BMS, Security, CCTV, Fire etc)
- Essential - Proven track record in a project engineering capacity involved in the design and delivery of technology-based projects
- Previous exposure to a site base, construction environment
- Exposure to Sales bid process
- Involvement in Design and Construct Projects
- The opportunity to work on the world’s most exciting projects, transforming the cities we live in, the buildings where we work, and the vehicles that move us.
- Group medical insurance plan life.
- Paid annual leave and time off work.
- A culture that fosters inclusion, diversity, and innovation.
- Market specific training and on-going personal development.
If this is your dream role, then we'd love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- JOB ID: req424977
- Category: Customer Experience
- Location: 3rd Floor, Olaya Tower A,Riyadh,AL RIYADH,Saudi Arabia