AsstMgr-Room Service - #16425
Marriott International, Inc
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Assila a Luxury Collection Hotel Jeddah, Prince Mohammed Bin Abdulaziz Street, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Entry level management position that is responsible for the daily operations in Room Service. Position directs, trains and assists employees to follow standards in the delivery of food and beverage to guestrooms and hospitality suites. Position assists in ensuring guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Strengthens the food and beverage/culinary team by assisting in other outlets when needed.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Conducting Day-to-Day Room Service Operations
- Ensures compliance with all Room Service polices, standards and procedures.
- Assists with the handling and service of all room service hospitality suites and group sales functions.
- Supervises daily shift operations.
- Helps to manage the delivery of amenity packages and VIP gifts.
- Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and uniforms.
Supporting Management and Coaching of Room Service Team
- Provides direction to Room Service employees to sell and service in-room dining.
- Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
- Provides feedback to individuals based on observation of service behaviors.
- Handles employee questions and concerns.
- Supervises Room Service in the absence of the Room Service Manager.
- Participates in the employee performance appraisal process, giving feedback as needed.
Assisting Room Service Financial and Budgeting Goals
- Understands the impact of department’s operation on the overall property financial goals.
- Participates in department meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Utilizes budgets, operating statements and payroll progress reports as needed to assist in the financial management of department.
- Manages to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service within guidelines.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from a supervisor as necessary.
- Strives to improve service performance.
Supporting Human Resource Activities
- Participates as needed in the interviewing and hiring of room service employee team members with the appropriate skills.
- Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to business demands and for tracking of employee time and attendance.
- Supervises on-going training initiatives.
- Conducts training when appropriate.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, with over 120 properties in more than 35 countries, offers the promise of authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories. Our more than 100 years of experience, beginning in 1906 under the Italian CIGA brand – a collection of Europe's most celebrated and iconic properties – serves as a solid foundation as we continuously evolve to exceed the desires of the luxury traveler.
From legendary palaces and remote retreats to timeless modern classics, each luxury hotel and resort is a unique and cherished expression of its locale – a portal to the destination’s cultural charms and treasures. If you are someone with an appreciation for evocative storytelling, a keen interest and passion for this destination's heritage, and a desire to deliver genuine, personalized, and anticipatory hospitality, then we invite you on our journey. In joining The Luxury Collection, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.