Associate - Public Health & Fire Protection (KSA) - #24900
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
Your new role, what's involved?
- I am a technical professional for the Public Health & Fire Protection team within the Middle East region and specialise in above and below-ground drainage, water services, gas systems and fire protection.
- Civil Drainage Design Engineering expertise in external drainage design, stormwater management, flood prevention and water resource sustainability are preferred, but not essential. I provide technical leadership and support for the design and supervision of Public Health & Fire Protection systems to local and international standards.
- I actively contribute to the ongoing development of engineering excellence within the team and help to create a culture of technical excellence and continuous improvement.
- I am responsible for providing technical expertise and overseeing the technical aspects of a project. I am responsible for ensuring that technical standards are working in the design and supervision documentation.
- I have a knowledge of the regional authority requirements within the Middle East
- I have a track record of delivering complex and challenging projects for multi-national companies, across a range of sectors and Middle East regions.
- I manage project profitability and financial contribution for allocated projects.
- I provide technical and commercial input to client proposals and bid planning.
- I keep up to date with industry developments with respect to my own discipline, other disciplines and engineering innovations and developments on a regional and global scale.
- Able to continually increase our technical ability, efficiency in project delivery, operating margin and keeping WSP competitive in the market.
- Be seen as a technical expert and innovator in the Public Health & Fire Protection discipline by our clients and peers, to drive a specialist single discipline workstream.
- Support the culture of technical excellence by delivering high-quality outputs for our clients.
- Attract the best new talent within the Middle East.
- When the project team are producing technically excellent designs but is continually developing and innovating.
- When our Public Health & Fire Protection designs obtain Authority Approvals in a timely manner.
- I will have developed existing and new relationships with clients to bring in new business under a specialist single discipline workstream.
- I will be established as a technical expert within WSP and recognised as a key person of influence in the region with our clients and industry peers.
- I will be proficient in using the various WSP way of working tools and have a good understanding of our internal systems and processes.
- I report to the Head of Public Health & Fire Systems.
- I build strong relationships with the Public Health & Fire Protection teams in the Middle East and India and contribute to the continuous development.
- I build strong strategic relationships with the Building Services leadership team and key members of the design and supervision teams.
- I engage with the wider Public Health, Fire Protection and Building Services groups and forums within the region and globally.
- I am engaged in the industry and are considered a key person of influence in this sector and the region by our clients and local authorities.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- 10+ years’ experience in Public Health & Fire Protection engineering, preferably within the Middle East.
- Preferred education, BSc/BEng in Building Services Engineering, or related field.
- Preferred qualification, IEng or working towards CEng, although not essential.
- Experienced in design, from Concept to IFC and construction supervision.
- Lead the technical development and production of Public Health & Fire Protection designs in accordance with local, regional and international code requirements.
- Strong technical, communication and presentation skills with clients, local authorities, consultants, contractors and internal/external multidisciplinary project teams, and be prepared to adjust and cope in different environments with enthusiasm.
- Able to undertake detailed Public Health & Fire Protection compliance reviews based on local and international standards.
- Proficient in the use of Public Health & Fire Protection design software, e.g. Hevacomp, H2X, HASS, Elite, Autodesk Civil 3D, MicroStation, etc.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office is essential.
- Proficient in the use of Autodesk CAD, Revit, BIM 360 & Navisworks.
What's in it for you?
What if we can have a work-life balance?
What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are?
Here at WSP – we can!
WSP recognizes that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important – be that our families, our friends, or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time, or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first-class medical cover, generous days of annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture that respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP.
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program, and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas), and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services.
Job Reference: WSPME03047