Assistant Procurement Manager - #25166
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the Role
To perform procurement activities of goods and services in accordance with the Group’s policies, procedures, and regulations. This role will be responsible to procure quality and cost-effective material and create, negotiate, and finalize subcontracts, rate agreements, and labour supply agreements as per Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET) requirements, with the minimum turnaround time, to enhance the company's profitability, by delivering efficient, professional procurement services. Duties include planning, scheduling, initiating, monitoring, and quality assurance of all procurement and contract activities. Work requires independent and professional judgment and is performed under the general direction of the Head of Procurement. To do this, will require innovation, process-driven with a good financial and logical approach to the procurement function to ensure overall satisfaction of Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET)’s stakeholders.
What you will do?
- Assist in developing procurement plans and requisition schedules along with Al-Futtaim Engineering and Technologies (AFET)’s various projects, clients, divisions, and businesses. Coordinate with concerned stakeholders for timely updates on requisitions status, in accordance with schedule requirements.
- Provide complete service interface between customers / requesting divisions, the procurement department, and contractors / suppliers / service providers through processing of procurement services in line with budgets, time, and AFET’s quality standards.
- Adhere to the centralized procurement policies and procedures to procure goods and services effectively and efficiently. Purchases must always be made at the right price, within budget, from the right source, at the right quality and the right quantity delivered on time as was agreed contractually.
- Prepare RFQ/RFP Packages for Electrical items (like MV, LV & ELV systems and all electrical Equipment’s) based project documents (like scope of.contract documents received from Estimation department.
- Prepare requests for Information/Proposal/Quotation/Tenders with pertinent specifications, clear terms and conditions and prepare tender / quotations evaluation reports.
- Float RFQ/RFP to Vendors (Local/ Overseas) for Electrical materials/Equipment/ Systems and subcontract work. Follow up and obtain Technical/Commercial offer on time.
- Add value at each stage of the Procurement function by working cooperatively and jointly to provide quality service. Make the most of departmental interdependencies.
- Check the possibility of applying VALUE ENGINEERING in co-ordination with Design Dept. complying with the project requirement/Standard in order to reduce the project cost.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve financial goals.
- Receive techno-commercial offer, classify, evaluate and preparation of comparative statements.
- Collaborate with stake holders and Group Procurement to conduct ONLINE bid negotiation as per threshold limit. Offline negotiation wherever applicable as per Procurement Policy.
- Preparation and sharing and getting the acknowledgement of letter of intent including all terms and conditions.
- Coordinating with vendors for the Technical submittal in line with the contract agreement & its technical/commercial supporting documents and sharing to Business for consultant approvals.
- To ensure payment terms are managed and optimized in favour of the Company resulting in improved cash flows and a significant reduction in deposit invoices pre-event.
- Negotiate for better deals in terms of price, delivery, payment, delivery lead time, warranty, services, etc…. and finalize the order.
- Process requisitions for engineered and non-engineered goods, in a timely manner and ensure that the best commercial option is selected for company’s benefit.
- Conduct techno-commercial negotiations, including price, delivery, payment terms, warranties, etc.
- Prepare Comparison / Purchase Authorization sheets.
- Prepare and issue purchase orders, rate and framework agreements, and labour supply agreements, with clearly agreed terms and conditions to mitigate the company’s exposure to various risks.
- Coordinating with project teams for the equipment’s delivery and documentation requirements for MIR approvals process.
- Prepare MIS Reports on monthly basis, to ensure procurement activities are in line with project program and take necessary corrective action if required.
- Attending client meetings and meetings with designers, consultants etc…
- Generating and maintaining vendor database for the materials and services.
- Register & evaluate the vendors to generate the vendor’s database.
- Conduct pre-qualification process to update vendors’ database and introduce reliable and capable suppliers, service providers, and subcontractors.
- Accomplish cost savings through effective negotiation. Assist with budgeting and meet or exceed all budgeted targets.
- Mitigating disputes, if any, with the suppliers and subcontractors.
- Undertake periodic vendor evaluation and spend analysis and maintain a solid vendors base. Manage Vendor relationships and building effective supply chain partnerships.
- Ensure purchasing, expediting and material control functions are performed in accordance with the company’s highest standards.
- Review expenditure against approved budgets and maintain strict control on budgets and procurement programs.
- Conduct price analysis, commercial evaluation of proposals in coordination with the technical team.
- Ensure that purchasing and vendor records are fully maintained and updated and assist the Procurement Manager & Head of the Department in the preparation of various reports, at regular intervals, on progress against the baseline procurement program and delivery schedules.
- Participate in quality audits and expedite closeout of any findings.
- Participate in price negotiation for Engineered equipment and significant bulk material orders with a view to achieving substantial savings for the company.
- Ensure that the stakeholders are kept up to date with the current status of the orders.
- Coordinate with the Accounts and Commercial Departments, to avoid any delays arising out of budget allocations, issuing of L/C’s and other modes of payments. Assist with associated business requirements and related documents verification.
- Ensure complete documentation of procurement activities to meet Internal Audit documentation & ISO14001:2001 audit documents etc.
- Apply the P2P ERP Process for all procurement transactions by creating POs/Contracts via SAP system.
- Implement the set administrative, purchasing and clerical procedures to maintain efficiency of the Procurement function.
- Ensure approvals are obtained in accordance with the relevant policies and the Delegation of Authority (DOA).
- To create an environment which is a great place to work for you and your colleagues through your dedication, enthusiasm, sharing of knowledge, honesty and desire to support others.
- To display excellent standards in all you do and inspire others to do the same, and that you operate within legislative/regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- To display confidence, self-belief and openness to new ideas, adapting and embracing challenges and opportunities with a determination to excel.
- Continuously develop own skills by attending all required training courses and maintaining an up to date knowledge of products, services, systems, and work processes
What qualifies you for the role
- Strong and strategic negotiation skills.
- Detailed oriented, with strong Technical, quantitative and analytical skills.
- Must have strong and extensive contacts with various vendors, subcontractors, and principal companies.
- Capable of effective tactics for negotiating costs and contracts.
- Familiarity with purchasing fundamentals and a complete understanding of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO).
- Solid knowledge of software licenses’ terms and regulations.
- Experienced in working directly with internal and external stakeholders and managing expectations against rapid growth deadlines.
- Able to work across functional areas and levels of the organization and to interact at a distance.
- Listen well to others (empathy), client-centric (commercial mindset).
- Strong verbal and written communication: the ability to simplify, synthesize, and convince.
- English (full written and spoken fluency).
- Arabic will be added advantage
- Strong negotiation skills and strategic thinking.
- Energetic and motivational leadership styles focused on personal influence.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Highly adaptable and flexible in accepting new ideas, people, and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work to tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks effectively.
What equips you for the role
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge:
- Degree in Engineering (Electrical/ Electrical and Electronics & instrumentation) or equivalent.
- Professional certification in procurement is preferred (CPP, CPPM, CIPS).
- MS Office suites savvy with advanced Excel capabilities.
- Minimum of 10 years + in a procurement senior role, specifically within MEP Projects and construction back round.
- Extensive experience in developing business specific contracts and agreements.
- Ability to analyse, draw conclusions, and execute appropriate actions in response to data.
- Solid knowledge of ERPs and E-procurement tools, such as ARIBA software.
- User experience in SAP MM module is preferred.
- Must have handled procurement of packaged equipment and engineered systems, bulk orders, rate contracts, lump sum subcontracts, and labour supply agreements.
- Well versed in Incoterm standards.
About Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies
Al-Futtaim Engineering & Technologies offers customers complete engineering and systems integration solutions.
The Engineering arm operates in the UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Egypt providing a wide variety of products and services from air conditioning, scaffolding and access solutions, elevators and escalators, control and life safety, facilities management, building products, MEP, Energy Management, Technology Infrastructure and Digital Transformation.
The Technologies division provides complete business solutions to large, medium and small customers that include, contact centre solutions, business applications, business intelligence, data management, advanced analytics amongst others. The IT infrastructure portfolio comprises IP telephony, ELV systems, networking solutions, professional audio-visual solutions and managed services.
These solutions are further complemented by services that include project management, installation, testing, commissioning and after-sales maintenance contracts.