Assistant Manager of Loss Prevention - #16898
Marriott International, Inc
Job Category Loss Prevention & Security
Location The St. Regis Riyadh, 2941 Makkah Al Mukarramah Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Saudi Arabia VIEW ON MAP
Located Remotely? N
Position Type Management
Assists in the management of the daily functions of the department to provide protection of property assets, employees, guests and property. Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures. Assists in the training of staff in established emergency procedures and implements accident and fire prevention procedures. Promotes guest and employee satisfaction while achieving the operating budget.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Criminal Justice or related major; 1 year experience in the security/loss prevention or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Security/Loss Prevention Operations
- Assists in conducting hazard and risk assessments at the property to include quarterly OSHA/SAFETY audits, incident tracking, and the hazard abatement process.
- Complies with applicable federal, state and local law and safety regulations.
- Maintains logs, certifications and documents required by law and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Supervises and reviews initial incident investigations and promote a timely responses for all reported incidents.
- Follows proper key control guidelines in loss prevention and in the property.
- Assists with promotion and implementation of accident and fire prevention procedures.
- Incorporates into patrols, which encompass all areas of the property's interior and exterior, an inspection tour of recording system.
- Follows up on all unusual activities in and around the property that would impair the well being of guests and employees.
- Handles complaints, settles disputes, and resolves grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiates with others.
- Promotes action plans to monitor and control risk.
- Oversees all loss prevention operations to include but not limited to patrol process, emergency response, investigations (initial and follow up) for all guest and employee related incidents, shipping and receiving process (makes recommendations for improvement), electronic key system and manager on duties responsibilities.
- Assists with first aid program for guests and employees.
- Assists with the claims process and protects company assets by closely monitoring the General Liability and Worker's Compensation cases.
- Works closely with Meeting Planners to facilitate a successful and safe experience for guests.
Managing and Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Interviews, selects and trains employees.
- Appraises employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status.
- Provides for the safety and security of the employees or the property.
- Monitors employee attendance and records absences/tardiness.
- Helps direct supervisors to achieve their own development goals.
- Conducts annual performance appraisal with direct reports according to Standard Operating Procedures.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
- Meets quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Inspects and critiques the performance of the loss prevention department to establish and maintain a high level of professionalism and customer service.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Develops liaison with local law enforcement and emergency services.
- Informs and/or updates executives, peers and subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
- Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Combining timeless glamour with a vanguard spirit, St. Regis Hotels & Resorts is committed to delivering exquisite experiences at more than 50 luxury hotels and resorts in the best addresses around the world. Beginning with the debut of The St. Regis hotel in New York by John Jacob Astor IV at the dawn of the twentieth century, the brand has remained committed to an uncompromising level of bespoke and anticipatory service for all of its guests, delivered flawlessly by a team of gracious hosts that combine classic sophistication and modern sensibility, as well as our signature Butler Service. We invite you to explore careers at St. Regis. In joining St. Regis, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.