Application Consultant - IT Service Management - #17270
IFS is a billion-dollar revenue company with 5000+ employees on all continents. We deliver award winning enterprise software solutions through the use of embedded digital innovation and a single cloud-based platform to help businesses be their best when it really matters–at the Moment of Service.
At IFS, we're flexible, we're innovative, and we're focused not only on how we can engage with our customers but on how we can make a real change and have a worldwide impact. We help solve some of society's greatest challenges, fostering a better future through our agility, collaboration, and trust.
We celebrate diversity and accept that there are so many different perspectives in this world. As a truly international company serving people from around the globe, we realize that our success is tantamount to the respect we have for those different points of view.
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to be part of a global, diverse environment; you will be joining a winning team with a commitment to sustainability; and a company where we get things done so that you can make a positive impact on the world.
We're looking for innovative and original thinkers to work in an environment where you can #MakeYourMoment so that we can help others make theirs.
If you want to change the status quo, we'll help you make your moment. Join Team Purple. Join IFS.
Consultants at IFS bridge the gap between the Customer’s business needs and the IFS application. The Consultant will have the ability to advise and guide the Customer, listen, and dare to challenge in order to understand the Customer’s real needs and advise the Customer in their usage of their IFS Products to obtain the best return on their investment.
- Hands-on project delivery, including customer and project management. For larger projects there will also be a project manager.
- Facilitating and documenting design workshops. This includes providing best practice advice and guidance to the customer on the best way to configure assyst to support their business goals.
- Working with the customer to build their assyst system. This includes assistance with data gathering/loading, knowledge transfer and ongoing best practice guidance.
- Supporting clients in testing of the system and adjusting the system based on the test results.
- Creating customer process and system documentation if in scope
- Coordinating the work of other consultants (technical consultants or trainers)
- Providing user training for some engagements
- On a typical project the work effort is roughly 50% workshops and design and 50% hands on configuration and customer guidance
To be successful you will need to:
- Proactively develop competence in IFS products and process portfolios
- Be comfortable preparing for and delivering presentations, documentation, conducting workshops, assisting customer solutions, and testing solutions
- Bring meaningful professional expertise and content to Customer interactions.
- Active participation in project activities.
- Apply the IFS Methodology, best practices and tools e.g. Process mapping and Scoping Tool.
- Be aware of the key business needs set out by the Customer and the value IFS products and services can provide.
- Work with Customer satisfaction in mind and continually seek opportunities to increase Customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Acknowledge the value you deliver to the Customer, quantifying this where possible.
- Tertiary education in a relevant subject or equivalent programming/system design expertise
- Previously worked in the Service Management, IT services or consulting industry with Enterprise level applications such as assyst, ServiceNow, Ivanti, Cherwell, BMC Remedy
- Current ITIL Foundations Certification,
- Advance ITIL certification a definite plus
- Prior administrative or implementation delivery with Enterprise ITSM application
You will also have:
- Expertise in designing, facilitating and documenting design workshops, remotely and in person
- Excellent written and presentation communications skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Strong data manipulation and Microsoft Excel skills
- Previously delivered successful projects (on time within budget), with references
- Comfort with relational databases: Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle
- Ability to work quickly and accurately to meet tight timescales
- Ability to take a methodical approach to activities such as system analysis and data structuring
- Teamwork, Commercial Awareness, Communication, Influencing Others, Customer Orientation, Thoroughness, Self-Confidence, Flexibility.
- Solid understanding of local business policies and practices.
- As a person, you act proactively with a positive mindset and always have the willingness to win, align with our IFS Core Values