Accounts Assistant - #16609
Teneo is looking for an Accounting Assistant to join our Riyadh office. The Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing invoices, expenses and credit cards and making BACS with the correct approvals. Maintaining internal controls using PO’s, accurate coding and authorization sign offs. Answering and resolving supplier queries in a timely manner. The Accounting Assistant will be reporting into the Financial Controller for Teneo Strategy and be part of the wider Finance & Ops team.
Teneo is the global CEO advisory firm. We partner with our clients globally to do great things for a better future. Drawing upon our global team and expansive network of senior advisors, we provide advisory services across our five business segments on a stand-alone or fully integrated basis to help our clients solve complex business challenges. Our clients include a significant number of the Fortune 100 and FTSE 100, as well as other corporations, financial institutions, and organizations. Our full range of advisory services includes strategic communications, investor relations, financial transactions and restructuring, management consulting, physical and cyber risk, organizational design, board and executive search, geopolitics and government affairs, corporate governance, ESG and DE&I. The firm has more than 1,500 employees located in 40+ offices around the world.
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for processing invoices, expenses and credit cards and making BACS with the correct approvals. Maintaining internal controls using PO’s, accurate coding and authorization sign offs. Answering and resolving supplier queries in a timely manner. The Accounting Assistant will be reporting into the Financial Controller for Teneo Strategy and be part of the wider Finance & Ops team.
- Ensure all purchase ledger accounts are accurate and updated on system
- Accurate and timely recording of all supplier invoices, expenses and credit card costs
- Ensure all costs are properly authorised by the relevant party prior to payment
- Ensure all credit card statements are authorised and posted on system on a monthly basis
- Ensure all invoices received meet Teneo Strategy requirements and are correctly addressed.
- Ensure accurate and timely payment of all suppliers and expenses
- Ensure accurate recording and posting of all petty cash transactions
- Bank reconciliation (incl. foreign accounts)
- Ensure daily banking of all cheques and obtaining petty cash when instructed
- Match supplier invoice to correct PO number
- Request and reconcile supplier statements on a regular basis
- Run Aged Creditors report – flag any credits and severely overdue invoices. Identify missing invoices
- Ensure timely response to requests for further information from suppliers re expenses or invoicing
- Ensuring filing is kept up-to-date on weekly basis
- Compile information for external auditors as and when required
- Ensure compliance to internal prescribed timetables
- Update of bank cash reporting and intercompany transfers when required
- System training to new employees
- Process accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions in Oracle NetSuite ERP
- Reconcile bank statements and credit card transactions
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as balance sheets, income statements, and cash flow statements
- Monitor and manage the company's accounting system to ensure compliance with accounting standards and regulations
- Prepare and file tax returns, including sales tax and payroll tax
- Provide support for the annual audit process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and reporting as required
- Assist with procure to pay process
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent).
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting and bookkeeping
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience using Oracle NetSuite ERP or a similar accounting system
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Characteristics and Attributes
The Accounting Assistant should act with discretion, integrity and professionalism at all times and is a key source of financial support for the wider team.
- Ensures all reports, data and written work are correct in detail and without error
- Proactively develops initiatives to improve internal financial systems (where appropriate)
- Makes decisions in a timely manner that reflect a full understanding of the issues involved
- A good level of competency with mainstream software packages that are relevant to role
- Shows initiative and adopts a proactive approach
- Identifies issues and resolves promptly
- Manages and prioritises workload effectively
- Successfully handles multiple tasks
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with all levels of people
- Develops and maintains strong relationship with colleagues and external suppliers
- Seen as a cooperative team player willing to resolve issues for the good of all
- Ability to explain the reasons why we need particular processes and documents
- Always seeks to go above and beyond
- Proactively takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks
- Calm under pressure and bounces back from set backs
- Positive outlook, seen as committed and enthusiastic
- Displays a healthy work-life balance, while sharing the load if teams are under pressure
- Actively participates in continuing professional development
What we can offer
New joiners are supported by an induction programme, and continuous development is a key focus of life at Teneo - learning and knowledge sharing are at the heart of this. We have an environment and culture that is focused on supporting your development and career progression. We support this with a dedicated Learning Team who provide a range of learning opportunities and personal development support.
Given our client base you’ll be working on career-defining work that is exciting, rewarding, and one where you can make a real impact to high profile projects.
Teneo works with clients on complex issues and challenges that often require a multidisciplinary approach that leverage our main business segments – Strategy & Communications, Management Consulting, Financial Advisory, People Advisory, and Risks Advisory. You will have opportunities to work alongside our experts in these disciplines to develop and deliver an integrated solution.
As well as this we offer a whole host of benefits and reward including:
- Competitive salary
- Private medical insurance for employees and dependents
- 21 days annual leave if the employee has completed one year of service; and 30 days after 5 years of continuous service with the same employer, plus national holidays observed in KSA
- End of Service benefit as per Labour Law
- Enhanced sick leave – 60 days per year/rolling 12-month period