Accountant - #16492
To ensure financial data is kept up to date by booking and reconciling accounts and preparing the necessary reports
- Booking of non-trade related expenses
- Responsible for retail daily sales report handling, tracking and query handling
- Booking office and retail petty cash expenses and reconciliation of the petty cash accounts
- Reconciliation of retail control accounts including vouchers, cash, Amex, credit cards and customer accounts
- Office Petty cash handling and reconciliation
- Cheque preparation/booking and tracking
- Fixed Assets: creation, booking, disposal, depreciation and tagging
- Capex Request (CAR) handling and preparation
- Capex Tracking for projects
- T&E support (Concur)
- Monthly Balance sheet reconciliations
- Utilities for Office and Retail stores, booking/tracking and payment
- Banking support (new store openings)-credit card requests, deposit slips etc.
- Measure progress on own KPIs
- Monitor all allocated reports.
- Ensures adherence to group accounting policies and procedures.
- All local departments
- Retail Stores
- Vendors (utilities)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Commercial acumen: Very good numerical and analytical skills
- Good written and verbal communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Fluent English (verbal and written)
- Strong MS-Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proficient in MS Office
- Basic SAP knowledge is required.
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree in business with corporate finance, or accounting focus
- Ideally studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- 2-3 years of accounting/admin experience
AT ADIDAS WE HAVE A WINNING CULTURE. BUT TO WIN, PHYSICAL POWER IS NOT ENOUGH. JUST LIKE ATHLETES OUR EMPLOYEES NEED MENTAL STRENGTH IN THEIR GAME. WE FOSTER THE ATHLETE’S MINDSET THROUGH A SET OF BEHAVIORS THAT WE WANT TO ENABLE AND DEVELOP IN OUR PEOPLE AND THAT ARE AT THE CORE OF OUR UNIQUE COMPANY CULTURE: THIS IS HOW WE WIN WHILE PLAYING FAIR.
COURAGE: Speak up when you see an opportunity; step up when you see a need..
OWNERSHIP: Pick up the ball. Be proactive, take responsibility and follow-through.
INNOVATION: Elevate to win. Be curious, test and learn new and better ways of doing things.
TEAMPLAY: Win together. Work collaboratively and cultivate a shared mindset.
INTEGRITY: Play by the rules. Hold yourself and others accountable to our company’s standards.
RESPECT: Value all players. Display empathy, be inclusive and show dignity to all.