Account Manager - #16512
Date: 3 weeks ago
Contract type: Full time
We are pleased to announce an exciting opportunity to join our commercial team in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as Account Manager This role is responsible for delivering the revenue budget for the prescribed portfolio of accounts. Gain maximum value for the airline by negotiating Commercial Agreements between the two parties. Engages in joint sales and marketing activity to grow the level and quality of QR revenue sold through these partners and driving efficiencies in the distribution processes Role Accountabilities:
- Contributes to the formulation and implementation of QR sales strategy to maximize short- and long-term revenue opportunities, reduce cost of sale and generate channel shift.
- Introductions of PLB’s where appropriate.
- Reviews QR sales data with account portfolio to drive revenue and seek tactical opportunities.
- Submit monthly sales call plans and weekly sales reports and update the trade and corporate houses about QR’s products and services.
- Provide management with any market intelligence on the strengths, weaknesses, threats and opportunities of QR, events and recommend desired changes, with proper justification.
- Responsible for acquiring sales leads and increasing awareness of QR product. Distribute timetables, giveaways and other QR marketing items.
- Increase visibility of QR by displaying QR marketing materials and ensuring maximum publicity through media coverage, in coordination with SM and H.O. Marketing Department.
- Advising on forthcoming product developments and discussing special promotions.
- Plan selling activities for the assigned areas to ensure optimum revenues for QR.
- Lead discussions on PLBs with accounts
- Recommends pricing requests from Corporates/Trade and is responsible for individual budgets.
- Effectively manage accounts and key customers and effectively plan sales calls, submit sales call plans, and sales reports, as required. Update the trade and corporate houses about QR’s products and services
- Research and report other airline schedules/practices/ fares, events and other potential QR concerns and recommend corrective action.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
- Representing the organization at trade exhibitions, and events.
- Develops and maintain good relations with the Travel Trade, Government, embassies and Commercial Houses.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails; visiting potential customers to prospect for new business.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 2 years of job-related experience.
- Professional experience in a multi-cultural environment with a rich mix of supply partners preferably in an Airline industry is essential.
- PC knowledge of Word/Power Point/Excel.
- Experience of working in a pressurized environment which is target driven.
- Knowledge of GDS system, ticketing, and selling experience